Main Force Patrol

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Continuing from my attempted Build Off 14 bikes where I missed the deadline.

Class 1: Pursuit model
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/mfp-pursuit-missed-the-deadline.108798

Class 2: Interceptor
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-goose-late-swap-to-the-interceptor.108688/

My intention is document the completion of the two bikes here and potentially get the Goose tribute happening properly too.

Been tinkering with the class 2 Interceptor bike. Rode it a few times and the battery wasn’t as strong as it could be so I ordered a new one. Direct fit replacement, but it’s not painted. Plan is to build a tank cover for it and the controller box and tidy up the looks.

Stage Ii is to get the Pursuit rideable.

As of this morning. Interceptor is running but needs cosmetics. Pursuit has a tangle of wires in trying to figure out. Trying to get a decent wiring diagram out of the controller seller isn’t working out well.

C4081649-AAE1-4E5F-950D-9D959E5EB471.jpeg
17BC5760-B54D-4E70-A340-79E69C525E2D.jpeg

Gave the Interceptor’s new battery a good workout today. Took the kids to the park and pushed my littlest while on battery power most of the way home. Battery still going strong. The old one would go into an intermittent cut out after a couple of minutes of use, including on another bike. Happy there.

Also attempted a PVC tank reshaping some pipe but it didn’t turn out very well. Didn’t really want to fibreglass, but might be the solution.

Second attempt with PVC worked better. Rather than risk grounds for separation by heating it in the oven decided the BBQ was fair game so fired it up closed the hood and cooked up a bit of pipe.

Once warm I shaped it over a cardboard mould created by gluing a bunch of boxes together then cutting to a reasonable shape and further shaping with an electric plane.

Result: acceptable tank shape following the curve of the top tube, except the rounded ends wouldn’t work. I guess he pipe needed stretching and shrinking to make the curve. Now need to trim to size better and fit it somehow.
52521E8D-CDD1-4B3C-8143-D1CE49A8D93C.jpeg
81993F87-FBCE-4927-AD10-AA1019DA79E6.jpeg
87AF4767-05DB-42E9-AB90-3CDCD5F58774.jpeg

Edit: attempt one was with a heat gun which didn’t heat evenly enough to make the whole section pliable.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back