Making a repop Monarch better?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I bought one of those repop dual springer Monarch forks, it's been on my bike for a little over a year now. My only issue are the pivot bolts. I wanna add in bushings or bearings of some sort to make it pivot a bit smoother... I've thought about teflon/ptfe or oilite thrust washers between the bolt head, plate and the fork legs....wondering if they'd make any difference or if there's something else that'd be better?

Attachments

• P_20200427_150804.jpg
    P_20200427_150804.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Just read about oilite, interesting stuff, I had no idea something like this existed or was even possible. I'd like to do something better for mine too, would brass and/or nylon also be OK? These are what I have in the shed.

I had always thought maybe a shouldered delrin bushing with a brass center insert might work well. Never tried it though

Hm, I've got some delrin lying around somewhere...might try that.

I wasn't able to order through McMaster-Carr, living in Canada and not having a business to run it through. I was able to order through Ackland Grainger however.

I ended up ordering some 9/16 bronze bushings, drilling out the holes on the rocker to size with a step bit and then pushing them in. I also used some PTFE round stock I had lying around, drilled a hole through a section then cut it up into washers to work with the bushings. So far, seems 100% better. I imagine it'll get better overtime as well.
P_20200505_162932.jpg

Latest posts

Back