Manton Smith Boardtrack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this Manton Smith without looking it over real well and realized when I got it home it was a 24" not a 26". Tried to sell it with no luck so I decided to try to fix it up either to help it sell or for the kids. After removing the coat of house paint with paint stripper to repaint it I decided it looked pretty tuff all ratty and raw. So I decided to turn it into a nasty looking board track racer. Fabricated the truss rods out of 5/16" rod, cut and rewelded the seat post to get the seat back over the rear tire. My neighborhood shop had a set of NOS BF Goodrich Silvertown tires, and I also picked up some nice old pedals for it.
Before

After

Any idea if that chain guard is original to the bike? Thats the same guard I picked up for my build off bike and I've been wondering what it came on originally. I just assumed it was an accessory since it has the different holes for adjustability..

I assume it is original, the whole bike seemed to be, also I have seen the same chain guard on other Manton Smiths.

Latest posts

Back