***Margo*** finished ( ? )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ***Margo***

Just get some bullet casings and wedge them between the frame and tank.

man this is really cool looking :D very ratalisious!!!!

Troy

Chad,
I bought a set of Solanas for my JC Higgins restore/refurb.
I haven't ridden them yet, but I can say that they seem to be a quality made tire. The sidewall is nice and thick, the whitewall portion is cleanly applied (unlike some Felt Thick and Quick Bricks I've had). The tread stamping is also 'clean', not bad for a few bucks more than a Bell 'cruiser tire' at Walmart......

Also, no goofy graphics on the sidewall to remove.

If you haven't picked them up yet, check the price tag on them. My listed online and in the Trek dealer's computer for $24.99 a piece. When they came in, the price tag on the label was $19.99, so the LBS sold them to me that that price. BANG! $10 back in the budget. :mrgreen:

Good luck with the rest of this awesome build.

Cheers,
Dr. T

I will check that Doc. They had stock on the 2.125 but not the 2.35 so I had them order me up a set. I will keep my eyes peeled for the sticker price as they would surely over charge me. I do not buy enough spandex and pointy helmets from them to have a good relationship with me. :lol:
Thanks for the review on the Solana tires though. They looked to be of good quality and same price as the quick bricks I usually run. I hope they roll as good as they look.

Thanks man! by the way, there were NO tags on the tires when I got them picked up :? hmmm. If I was to make a wager I would say that they came in with the lower price tag attached. Oh well at $25 each I am very pleased. I cant wait to bomb this bike down the trails :D

slowriderz said:
20130718_184734_zps94c2fe99.jpg

Oo, me likes!

Lookin Great Chad! Love the whitewalls & pinstriping & well, everything else about this build!

Latest posts

Back