Marin Bicycle Museum and Mountain Bike Pioneer Joe Breeze

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to the MTBHOF when it was in Crested Butte back in the late 90's. I'd probably skip it nowdays. The early inductees and even some recent additions were/are critical the the evolution of the lifestyle mountain biking can lend to individuals. A few of the "industry" inductees are people I find harmful (and in some instances have proven themselves to be harmful to the environment as well), though they are still outweighed by people like Don Cook, Kay Peterson Cook, Joe Murray, etc. It's worth a look at least once.

Marin has made some killer bikes through the years,

Attachments

• MOUNTAINBIKE-7327.jpg
    MOUNTAINBIKE-7327.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 24
Somewhere around 1987 or 88… the brakes under the chain stays didn't last for long. That's a really nice bike. Tange chromoly tubing and fork, higher quality components. Would still be an excellent trail bike.

Somewhere around 1987 or 88… the brakes under the chain stays didn't last for long. That's a really nice bike. Tange chromoly tubing and fork, higher quality components. Would still be an excellent trail bike.
It’s in beautiful shape. I have a Peugeot Orient express that had a roller cam brake on the chain stays. The wedge between the rollers wore out until it wasn’t wedgy enough and would slip between the rollers and not move the pads more than a mm before pulling right through. Mud packed into it and it was hard to adjust. I welded cantilever pegs on the seat stays and got rid of the roller brake. The mounts are still on the chain stays if the next guy wants to return it to original. That brake was a pain in the patootie.

Latest posts

Back