Markm's Frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Call of the frame

Uncle Stretch said:
I noticed you have made lots of changes to your Basman. Its looking good. Seems like it is crying out for black pin stripping. You know I love them. :mrgreen:

Funny thing is, a friend of mine said exactly the same yesterday :mrgreen: but I forsee a special paintjob in the future, but as it envolves airbrushing I'd better start saving !

Uncle Stretch said:
I was figuring Kota would chime in and be the one to kid me about my 3' kickstand....you took the honors.

This is how I see it............You're riding downtown (somewhere), and you pull up to some other guy riding and say, (while pointing, and holding a 3ft stick): Kickstand..That's not a kickstand...Now THIS is a kickstand!......(Crocodile StretchEE)

It's easy...if your mechanically inclined, have years of welding experience, have built several street rods, have a tubing bender and a lot of cool tools...ha ha. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What you meant to say was that you do this to show everybody how easy it is for you to do this. :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol:

I won't keep any of them from now on. I'm pretty sure this one has an owner already. If he backs out when its done , then the second one that had asked gets his shot.

I think that building these are easy. I have a few learned skills. Not knocking anybody's talents , but to learn how to weld and apply that to a frame build is not that hard. It takes a little drive to stick with the learning process ,but I wasn't born a welder. The practice part will net you the skills and your dreams will get you the designs.

True! I didn't know how to weld before the stretch ratty. Still don't know how to weld pretty, but the grinder is patient.

The dream/inpiration part, that's important. If you don't have that down, you can be the best welder, but still pee beside the can. But i haven't seen any evidence of not having the inspiration on this forum. Wel, except for me that is... :mrgreen:

Ordered some Fatti-o's ...got them today. They were depressingly small. It looked like mounted they were about an 1 1/4 shorter than a regular 26x 2.125. They were about 3'' shorter than a 26x3. My frames have the room so I'm going with the 26x3 . My wife has gotten back on her feet (another pun) so I am hoping to make great strides on this build this weekend. If nothing changes I'm going to run a 26 x2.125 flame on the front and a 26x3 flame on the back. Found these bars I made once. They may be long enough, if not I will build some more.

26x3002-1.jpg

Ok it still needed something , so I bent another tube like the top one. I think it looks pretty good. Got to weld it all together.
anothertube003.jpg

Ok Mark do you think your going to like this one? Its got your name on it if you want it. :lol:

:shock: YES!!!!! :shock:
as you know, Ive been wanting one of your builds since the first one!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You're a good man Unc!!!!!!!!

Okie Dokie...save you some shipping money. It should be finished fairly quick ...God willing and the creeks don't rise. Hope you like the way its going so far.

If anybody is wondering how to get an 1 1/2' tube down to a seat post size. I find a donor frame and cut about 6'' off of the seat post. I stick a piece of 1 1/4'' pipe about 2'' long inside the top of the 1 1/2 '' tubing. Then I drill a hole sideways through both of them. I slide the 6'' long donor seat post inside and plug weld them all together. Since i don't drill through the donor tube , its held in place. Then just put your seat post in and your all set. It will raise up about 4 or 5 inches.

seatpost002.jpg

Latest posts

Back