Markm's Frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me that is so archaic , unless your doing a lugged road bike frame , it wouldn't even be something I would consider. They stopped using it on bike frames the minute the invented real welding. The strength of the weld is way down from a mig welded frame.....plus I'm even worse brazing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It would fall apart the first bump I hit. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thanks Maddog , even though you did say that nasty word. Schwinn EEEKKKK!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I buy it in a 20' length. They cut it for free . I can build one bike with 10' of it. Its not any longer than any of my other builds. As soon as I finish I will stick it ...the orange one and the Basman type together and you will see they are all about the same size.

Mark I should have all the sanding done by tomorrow and maybe spray a couple coats of primer on it tomorrow afternoon.

Glad everybody likes it. I think finished it will look pretty good. Its a pretty balanced frame ...looks wise.

Skipton said:
BikeriderX.......Think mark will let us ride it? :roll:
I know one thing: if YOU want to ride it, it'll get hauled to Chicago in MY truck!! :lol: :p :lol:

Well looks like it will be getting a lot closer to the northern states , if there will be any free rides , it will be lots closer than Texas. :lol:

Squirted some primer on today. Still feel bad , but have to get this thing finished. I'm going to toss a coin on the color. Mark will probably change it anyway. :lol: :lol: Got a full can of watermelon :shock: ...and some terrible blues :x ....maybe that mauve that my wife paints stuff with . :roll: :roll:

primer002.jpg

That color that is on a Rat Fink doesn't come in any can that I have found. I settled on black. The primer looked pretty good ,and I had a new can of black.....So I guess the new name will be "The Blackout ". I will let it dry for a while and then stick it together for a test ride ,and photo shoot.....then its off to Mark.

blackpaint001-2.jpg

For some reason the paint didnt do right. I used Krylon Gloss black over the primer, and it has always done good. This time it wanted to have a wrinkle finish in a few spots. I'm going to let it dry for a day and wet sand it and see if I can get it out without stripping the whole thing back down...NOOOOO!!!. Maybe the paint was old or something. I guess I should have quit when it was just flat black. Oh well just a couple days more Mark. I know that you can wait.....I hope.

Thought it was krylon gloss black and it turns out it was Rustoleum gloss black. I have had trouble with it before. Won't ever ever ever use it again.

Latest posts

Back