Marks bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in!!Backs gettin better and I'll post pics as soon as I pick a bike :? :D :mrgreen:
looks like stiff competetion!! This should be fun!! Good luck all!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/Markm_05/100_1437.jpg[img]
Murray Space Flite ladies frame and fork. Twin top tubes sweep way back. Not sure where I'm gonna go with this...

got some parts off of a sears scrapyard find, tank, fenders,rear rack..
quick mock up...
100_1440.jpg

how I spent my Saturday evening...
100_1451.jpg

they came from this...
100_1452.jpg

replaced them one at a time...
100_1453.jpg

and got this...
100_1454.jpg

somehow ended up pretty straight!! (not me, the rim :mrgreen: )

I like those frames that sweep back. Good job on the respoke. I just laced my first rim over the weekend and it feels good to learn something new

Markm said:
how I spent my Saturday evening...
they came from this...
replaced them one at a time...
and got this...
somehow ended up pretty straight!! (not me, the rim :mrgreen: )
I just noticed you didn't cross your spokes. One spoke should leave the hub, go over the other spokes crossing them, and when it crossed the last spoke it had to go under it.

This is going to cause you a big problem: techno-weenies will point out your mistake on web forums without mercy, and will explain to you how you should have done it using underlined text!

Hugo

thanx Hugo...not too sure what you mean but Ill check it out. I replaced them one at a time and it seemed a little too easy :? :? :?

Markm said:
this is where I was when Hugo urinated on my parade (haha) Back to the drawing board..
[/quote]

Mark- I just did the same when I laced mine this weekend. I am glad Hugo brought it up. I guess it is time unlace half of the spokes and try again.

Live and learn.

Markm said:
thanx Hugo...not too sure what you mean but Ill check it out. I replaced them one at a time and it seemed a little too easy :? :? :?
It might work like that too... I guess you may loose a bit of rigidity but for cruising purposes I guess it won't matter. This is what I mean:

"Look at the head of this spoke you're holding horizontally and then follow along it. It will cross under one spoke (already laced), under a second one (already laced), and when you get to the third one you have to go over it! Bend the spoke slightly to achieve this, don´t kink it. Also, if you have nice polished or painted rims, look out for the other end of the spoke (the threaded end), it will scratch the rim if you're not carefull. I use my thumb to protect the threaded end."

dsc01661bc3.jpg

This is for a 3-cross pattern. You've got a 4-cross pattern. It should go under-under-under-over, or over-over-over-under ("Can I get a vector, Victor?"), depending on wich way you look at it.

(lacing tutorial at http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2887)

Hugo

having issues with space....
100_1492.jpg

..and a place to work...that and Im starting to replace the roof on part of the house Sat. so supplies are everywhere. Dumpster where my Halloween "display" should be.Since Ive never done roofing before it should be fun!!!

Latest posts

Back