(MBBO#04 Class 1) - B4C builds Hooligan!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I made some time this afternoon to work on Hooligan. Put the sissy bar, seatpost and seat on so those wishing for white wheels could weigh in...

7a0c011fde76d089f98eb8868da3cebd.jpg

a688b5d92adc034c4fb7934794e39c9b.jpg

...don't think it's gonna happen!!! This is what I'm going with!!

Started sticking on some of the other bits and pieces. Ebay find...

b0217095ce7ab3f363032422228b0d96.jpg

...so this had to happen...

6e8082abf90ddde0fea0fec8df9cbd87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now for something completely different (at least for me)...non-coaster brakes!!! But I still wanted a clean, uncluttered look, so I tried this...

8ed70d67696d45eb441bdb427c028f5f.jpg

81cadbe85cb3da6b815b48aee8834b3d.jpg

I made the spacer out of 1/2 x 1/2 aluminum bar stock and had to drill a hole in the chainstay brace. I like it, but here's where I need a little input. Do you guys-n-dolls think this is too close or just right?

b3a13bfda72be19c1e6032a8edb1869f.jpg

Last edited:
Now for something completely different (at least for me)...non-coaster brakes!!! But I still wanted a clean, uncluttered look, so I tried this...

8ed70d67696d45eb441bdb427c028f5f.jpg

81cadbe85cb3da6b815b48aee8834b3d.jpg

I made the spacer out of 1/2 x 1/2 aluminum bar stock and had to drill ahold in the chainstay brace. I like it, but here's where I need a little input. Do you guys-n-dolls think this is too close or just right?

b3a13bfda72be19c1e6032a8edb1869f.jpg

There's plenty of space in my opinion,good idea on hiding the brake.

Wheels look great!
Love that long stem with the bars, looks awesome!
Brake looks fine to me, nothing else will get any closer than that crank arm, you foot will be on the other side of the crank anyway... I guess if you ran over a stick it could get jammed in there, but very unlikely...

Coming together nicely!

Luke.

If you're wondering how the mags would look in white try mounting the white mags you already have, take a picture and compare it with the plain ones. I put a white seat, pedals tires and wheels on my green bike and it made the whole bike pop!!

Hope that's a strong bolt on the brake. Rear brakes usually go ahead of the stays for a reason, and often have tabs that push against the stays. The way it is now, you slam the brakes on hard and the bolt bends...the shoes are on your tire and then tore off. Yikes, no brakes! Scary...

Carl.

Hope that's a strong bolt on the brake. Rear brakes usually go ahead of the stays for a reason, and often have tabs that push against the stays. The way it is now, you slam the brakes on hard and the bolt bends...the shoes are on your tire and then tore off. Yikes, no brakes! Scary...

Carl.

I've been looking at that, actually! My first direction was to modify the left side of the mag/hub to accept a disc brake setup, but I cant find a die to cut the threads AND I don't think I would have enough room for a disc and caliper between the chainstay and seatstay. I'll keep tinkering with it....

Nicey ! what a tranformation from the rust bucket it was :43::113:

the brake look fine like this , but you could always use one like this and really not see the cable and give you cleaner look and clearance
31fIX6JztuL._SL500_.jpg

I've been looking at that, actually! My first direction was to modify the left side of the mag/hub to accept a disc brake setup, but I cant find a die to cut the threads AND I don't think I would have enough room for a disc and caliper between the chainstay and seatstay. I'll keep tinkering with it....
5mm metric is the correct tap for disc brakes.

Luke.

5mm metric is the correct tap for disc brakes.

Luke.

Thanks, Luke, but I didn't explain myself. I found a disc brake flange that threads onto the fixie side of a flip-flop hub. I would need a die that would cut threads for a freewheel/fixie.

Thanks, Luke, but I didn't explain myself. I found a disc brake flange that threads onto the fixie side of a flip-flop hub. I would need a die that would cut threads for a freewheel/fixie.

Ah! That is a bit harder...

Luke.

Nicey ! what a tranformation from the rust bucket it was :43::113:

the brake look fine like this , but you could always use one like this and really not see the cable and give you cleaner look and clearance
31fIX6JztuL._SL500_.jpg
Wait, we're not supposed to be building rust buckets...oh crap...does fake rust count? :crazy:

Wait, we're not supposed to be building rust buckets...oh crap...does fake rust count? :crazy:
Now, now boys! You remember the rules, no discussing what makes or does not make a "Rat Rod" :crazy:

Luke. ;)

Latest posts

Back