(MBBO#04 Class 1) Stormtrooper Rollin' Again

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fv2

Reaction score
Ok, so Air Force Too had to go on hold for a minute. But I'm back Ratters.

Went to Memory Lane yesterday, found this frame. It's not something I'd normally buy, but I couldn't help myself.

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

Does this hole belong here?

And the guards
IMG_0016.JPG

This is from a Japanese bike, it looks upside down to me so I flipped it.

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

This I got in trade with another RRB member, and I think if I use a guard it might be this one.

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 328
Have a bent fork, not good but I'll try anyway.
IMG_0025.JPG

First I mounted the 20x3 Kenda flame, I had a spare so thought what the heck.
IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

Bit of a clearance issue.

IMG_0023.JPG

Which of these do y'all think I should use up front?

IMG_0026.JPG

Got a roller, notice the forks? I figured since the tube was already bent, why not put them in the tubing bender. I like it.

Ok so that clearance issue I had is no longer an issue????
I should have remembered to deflate the tire, while wrestling the wheel out this happened.

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

You can see with that pesky tube out of the way, the tire fits fine.

Anyway that's mock up, still have a little to do before she's finished but should work out ok.:39:

Digging that black seat. Good luck on ya build. It looks good so far. Peace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hear ye, hear ye faithful brethren! Our beer - named brother hath returned; post haste! The bike looks great Falstaff. I vote for the first seat, lean and mean, put a light pad on it and a tight cover. I also like chain guard #3, has the angular look of your frame and enough beef to compete with that awesome rear tire; which should only be paired with the "slick" front tire option....henceforth and forthwith! :soapbox:

Digging that black seat. Good luck on ya build. It looks good so far. Peace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Thanks Jake, that seat is from a Raleigh chopper. Its the only one that fits the fat seat post. And the lines match the frame.

Hear ye, hear ye faithful brethren! Our beer - named brother hath returned; post haste! The bike looks great Falstaff. I vote for the first seat, lean and mean, put a light pad on it and a tight cover. I also like chain guard #3, has the angular look of your frame and enough beef to compete with that awesome rear tire; which should only be paired with the "slick" front tire option....henceforth and forthwith! :soapbox:
You might be right about the guard OJ, guess I had to step back and look at it.

I'd stash that first guard for a left hand drive...
It'd look cool going the other direction.

Carl.

Last edited:
Nice looking new frame. I think I had a frame swap midway last MBBO.

I like these frames. Always a classic muscle look:) That big tire just looks mean on that frame.

Of the seats, I agree with Jake, that black seat is cool. The first one, imo, is probably the classic one if you want a taller sissy bar.

For this frame, I like the blue guard of the ones you showed as well. Seems to match better than the other ones.

Building... riding...

Nice looking new frame. I think I had a frame swap midway last MBBO.

I like these frames. Always a classic muscle look:) That big tire just looks mean on that frame.

Of the seats, I agree with Jake, that black seat is cool. The first one, imo, is probably the classic one if you want a taller sissy bar.

For this frame, I like the blue guard of the ones you showed as well. Seems to match better than the other ones.

Building... riding...
Thanks, I think I'm pretty well decided on the black seat myself. The chain guard will be decided a little down the road, I like the blue one, but OddJob had a valid point about #3.

I vote: Slick up front.:cool2:
I'm leaning the same direction, just have to see how it all comes together.

Very cool! Great progress so far too!

Luke.
Thanks Luke.

I've just had an epiphany, I think I'll go with white paint, and black trim with a complete absence of chrome plating. I'm going to the dork side, and I'll call it Stormtrooper.

Latest posts

Back