(MBBO#04 Class ?) Orbweaver

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkme

𝐰𝐰𝐰.𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞.𝐧𝐮𝐭
Reaction score
Ok decided today to enter.
Have a young boy 4-5 years old who wants a bigger bike.He rides his sisters 20".
So am thinking either 18" or 20" wheels.
Will use a old bmx frame.And try to make something from just what parts I have laying around.
No frills or spills,just a safe bike for him to pedal crazy on.
With a spider theme.For the last few days he has been dressed up as spiderman...
I know spider bikes have been done before,and is not something I would do,but it would be his choice...
Still have to come up with a color,and if I will be modifying the frame.
I don't think I can extend the forks or have huge apes,as he won't be able to ride it...
But a banana seat made from a skateboard and 2 different size wheels should be ok...

Something like this...
DSC_0372.jpg

Last edited:
See if you can source a set of those OCC spiderbike Stingray handlebars with the webby gussets. Even if the chrome is rusty, all it takes is some elbow grease and spray paint, right?

See if you can source a set of those OCC spiderbike Stingray handlebars with the webby gussets. Even if the chrome is rusty, all it takes is some elbow grease and spray paint, right?
Nothing like that here,but was thinking to weld some webs...
I also have the plastics from off my mini chopper.Might try and use them.
20056111046597178461_Black_Window_Chopper__Spider_Mini_Chopper.jpg

Oh to be a kid in Greece.

Just an opinion,I think I'd go minimal on the web's. Maybe the the gusset and some fender struts or something. I know people like the occ black widow bike,but it's a lot of webs.

Now if the kid wants lots of webs,then my opinion doesn't matter.

Apes connected down low reaching to a "normal" height fit the rules and the build...
Something like my ALiEN FiRE or even split and welded directly to the forks... Just a cool detail no one does much. Glad to see you've joined in.

Carl.

Always cool to see a Miss Funk build in the mix!

Oh to be a kid in Greece.

Just an opinion,I think I'd go minimal on the web's. Maybe the the gusset and some fender struts or something. I know people like the occ black widow bike,but it's a lot of webs.

Now if the kid wants lots of webs,then my opinion doesn't matter.
I thought of fenders and gusset or on handelbars.The kids a rebel,need to get a pic of Marco Junior...

He fixes them all. I realized this before I started so I just let him re-do mine..:giggle:
DOH! :doh:

My OCD is an issue some times...
You should see how many posts I correct spelling on each day...

Luke.

Good to no abut the spalling...:21:...I hate going back through my posts and checking for stuff like that..:D
Thats gonna make him itch...

Latest posts

Back