(MBBO#05 Class 1) Another Raleigh Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
here we go, another chopper project. I picked up a frame yesterday and united it with a chainguard and forks

These forks were originally from a tall frame and had been cut down lol
IMG_5176.JPG

My last set of mk1 bars, hopefully they will clean up
IMG_5174.JPG

With a fractured elbow I'm taking it easy at the moment, hopefully in a few days time I'll have the strength and patience to lace up some wheels for now I've decided which route I'm taking this bike to!

Got a new old stock console cover like this one
IMG_5206.JPG

And chopped it about a bit
IMG_5263.JPG

The original coaster covers are so scarce, I have a nos one so I photocopied the decal for the window from it!

Looks like another great resto. Love learning about these different types of muscle bikes.

I'll see tomorrow the full extent of damage to the cruiser, low speed on the flat and all of a sudden I went over the bars, didn't hit anything either so need to know what happened!

Sounds like something got into the front wheel. Had that happen as a kid once when a skateboard I was carrying in the front basket it fell off and into the spokes. Instant front flip.

There never enough raleigh choopers , Love them! my build is majorly inspired by it ,and all the similar copys:113:

I'll see tomorrow the full extent of damage to the cruiser, low speed on the flat and all of a sudden I went over the bars, didn't hit anything either so need to know what happened!

I think I need to stick to riding my musclebikes lol
It looks like the tire was able to travel enough to contact the fender and stop the front wheel. I'm not familiar with those Columbia style springers, but I think there should be a stop or tab built in so it couldn't hit the fender and throw you. The fender is attached to the stationary part while the wheel is free to travel up and down.

I think I need to stick to riding my musclebikes lol
Hope for a quick healing, shame such a pretty bike wants act up. Was going say same as 1HP but something is wrong with the springer it would seem there is zero spring.... Those chrome legs raise as you said... There is nothing restricting travle in that direction the spring as is would be lifting them already... So something not right... U can see the spring is relaxed already. Sorry to hear nothing more shocking then a bar tumble. It looks like if the front fender braces were flipped would travel with wheel... Old springers are weird.. I could be totally wrong and not surprised.

Edit proven by wildcat I was wrong below...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back