(MBBO#05 Class 1) Radioactive Heap '65 Stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg
A pic for reference. Sideways of course. Because ODDER is technologically challenged, and a bit sideways. :rofl:

As far as I know they are the original bearings, they came with the bike when I bought it in project form. All the parts are there and assembled correctly. I'll monkey around with it a little more and if I can't get it sorted out I'll try some bearings I have from another old Schwinn.

All the parts are there and assembled correctly.

Stop lying Muttley! OK, so I didn't lie, I was just mistaken. The bearings were in upside down. :oops: Stop laughing..............please? How could this happen you may ask? Well, I've never done bearings on one of these before so I assembled it the EXACT SAME WAY as the fork in the Fair Lady parts bike I took apart. No wonder that thing was in such good shape, when someone 'serviced' it years ago they put it back together incorrectly and probably just gave up and parked it. Luckily I'm not the type who likes to be told 'no'.......... AKA a pigheaded SOB so I wasn't about to throw in the towel. I did think it was strange that the bearings didn't sit down over the races when I pulled that Fair Lady apart but I figured that it was supposed to work that way once it was tightened up........WRONG. Muchas gracias to Señor Odder for the above diagram, all systems are go as of this moment. Tomorrow I'll get it cleaned/polished/waxed, then all that's left to do is make the license plate mounts.

Latest posts

Back