(MBBO#05 Class 2) J.C. Draggins..... Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool idea. Dig the drag bike theme. We have one near where i met up with you that me and the neighborhood guys race around the block. Looks like a fun one. How is the new job going?
New job is frustrating, mostly because I work with a bunch of kids that only want a smoke break and paycheck. But I've got a promotion coming up soon, they'll learn. :21:

Well good luck to you in the build off. Hopefully everything works itself out at work. I was going to join this build off but i had a car wreck and have to replace my spg so no time as of now. Cool start.

Got Forks?
cf596c769a000e03d055ddec99ba08b7.jpg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk
Ok, so I have all of my pieces to build my forks.
The only tubing bender I have is for conduit, does anyone think it will work to bend the tubing I have; Or should I just fill it with sand and bend it around the fence post?

New job is frustrating, mostly because I work with a bunch of kids that only want a smoke break and paycheck. But I've got a promotion coming up soon, they'll learn. :21:
It's a new idea to some folks, 8 hrs pay for 8 hrs work. Back in my union days I spent some time showing the boys what I wanted and how to do it, once. After that if they didn't get it I sent them back to the foreman. Didn't happen often because even though I wasn't a screamer and was respectful and showed them politely, they did know I wasn't going to take slackers on as apprentices.

Carl.

It's a new idea to some folks, 8 hrs pay for 8 hrs work. Back in my union days I spent some time showing the boys what I wanted and how to do it, once. After that if they didn't get it I sent them back to the foreman. Didn't happen often because even though I wasn't a screamer and was respectful and showed them politely, they did know I wasn't going to take slackers on as apprentices.

Carl.
I'm the same way, I've got the patience to work with the ones most people would cast off.
I don't generally get angry, and when frustrated I can stay calm. Something I learned after getting clean 20 years ago, I think you know what I'm saying here.
To many knocks on heaven's door makes you re-evaluate everything.

But even tho I'm a calm person, I still expect a day's work for a day's pay.

Ok, so I have all of my pieces to build my forks.
The only tubing bender I have is for conduit, does anyone think it will work to bend the tubing I have; Or should I just fill it with sand and bend it around the fence post?
Try the bender, if the diameter will fit in the head, then it will bend. I've bent steel pipe in my hand bender, just takes a bit of muscle.

Carl.

sent from a crowded phonebooth...

The tubing is about the same thickness as a bike frame, but thicker than conduit.
Each piece was only $9, so I'm not out much if it kinks.

Definatly want the conduit bender to be as close to size as possible. If the die is for a larger size conduit may as well be trying it in a vice. Will defeat purpose of the die and squish the tube. Has less area for pressure to displace... will kink.

*edit srry late to party fell asleep brose your thread :)

Definatly want the conduit bender to be as close to size as possible. If the die is for a larger size conduit may as well be trying it in a vice. Will defeat purpose of the die and squish the tube. Has less area for pressure to displace... will kink.

*edit srry late to party fell asleep brose your thread :)
I'm surprised you didn't fall asleep just reading the title.

That's gonna look sweet. Nice green on that flag.

Gonna have to look up your build name one of these days. Feels like I'm out of the loop.:p

That's gonna look sweet. Nice green on that flag.

Gonna have to look up your build name one of these days. Feels like I'm out of the loop.:p
It's the title of a Type O Negative song, just a hint at where it's headed. The colors of the flag are what I'm planning for paint.

Not much happening today, just some doodling and C.A.D. work on triple tree design.
bfb9cf7fc3d94ecf299e51abc541a9ea.jpg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk
:13: Wow! Really nice work!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back