MBBO#05 These will be the rules. Sept 1st to Dec 1st 2016.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like I might be able to enter after all I currently have a bratz bike that the frame gave way and a couple musclebike frames and a bunch of parts so I might be able to enter after all if only I can contain myself from building it again lol

the above bicycle is most likely going to be my starting point in as mentioned condition basically a frame crankset seat post and plastics minus the fenders I also am parting out a few other bikes and will have a vast collection of parts however this frame might be cracked on the rear downtube crossmember I seem to recall something like that happening so it might not be a contender but I'm hoping I can use it we shall see

hey bro that seat would be cool on the frame I have it already has a tank and side plates made form plastic are you gang to be in the buildoff/ I might be willing to help you with a few parts if you need any as much as I know this is a competition but I still also consider you one of my fellow rrb brothers but anyways this is the basic frame I have minus the seat bars wheels chain guard fenders and front end

Thanks man, this is one mega seat and probably need to be creatively supported on a 26" frame. You're welcome to try it on a smaller frame though. Thanks for the parts offer. I'm still not sure if I'll have time for a MBBO build. We'll see how my schedule shakes out. Got to catch my breath from BO11 and build the trophy first.

Thanks man, this is one mega seat and probably need to be creatively supported on a 26" frame. You're welcome to try it on a smaller frame though. Thanks for the parts offer. I'm still not sure if I'll have time for a MBBO build. We'll see how my schedule shakes out. Got to catch my breath from BO11 and build the trophy first.
I understand and my offer stands if you do decide I'm sure I will have a lot of leftovers form my partouts

I've got this frame up in the pay it forward section...somebody needs to jump on it and make something cool for the build off! Pay shipping and it's yours...make something sweet!
20160808_203522.jpg

Double too tube! Cmon!

I've got this frame up in the pay it forward section...somebody needs to jump on it and make something cool for the build off! Pay shipping and it's yours...make something sweet!
20160808_203522.jpg

Double too tube! Cmon!
That's a nice chainring. If nobody claims the frame, I'd be interested in the ring

While I prefer the 2 out of 3 approach, maybe trying to narrow the focus will be a good thing, rather than letting the MBBO turn into BO JR.

furyus

Remember the first post everyone, specially guideline 1:
Please don't argue any more over the rules, there has been too much already.

Luke.

Last edited:
Just saw this. Class 2 fits with the build that's in my head for a few months. Time to go thru the parts stash and see how many parts I actually have to make it work.

If anyone is selling- Need a banana seat and short sissy bar, banana seat cover doesn't have to good. Prefer chrome sissy bar but will work with whatever, thanks.

EDIT: found a cheap girls bike for banana seat, sissy bar donor.

Last edited:
Just saw this. Class 2 fits with the build that's in my head for a few months. Time to go thru the parts stash and see how many parts I actually have to make it work.

If anyone is selling- Need a banana seat and short sissy bar, banana seat cover doesn't have to good. Prefer chrome sissy bar but will work with whatever, thanks.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Luke.

I just went through and deleted some posts about rules and other things that were cluttering up the thread.
Just trying to keep things neat and tidy, so the thread does not get too far off track.

Luke.

51b8902b19e3f87b2e6dc1c923d38b76.jpg

Here is another bike that was gifted to me from the same person that gave me the jaguar for campground cruiser. 1970 Schwinn Krate it's pretty roached out. I am not sure if I want to dig into this one, especially so soon after this last build. It appears it has been painted black, it has a black badge and a bit of red paint in the ss#. I am not sure what the original model was. Maybe the cotton picker due to black badge?? Any ideas? I may consider selling whole or parting it out.

Hey guys check out my thread in bike I. D. and valuation
Looking for your opinions and valuation for a possible sale
Thanks

Donor bikes are falling into place, need a few more parts to check off the mock up list in my head. Of course other things will pop up bit I almost have what I need to get started.

The frame I want to use is in my car shop 2 hours away, uhh, the fact that I can't measure anything is drivin me nuts.

Found a nice-ish girls muscle bike that would be a candidate for refurbish, that would put me in both classes. Gotta see if the daughters will roll on a banana seat cruiser. Haven't bought it yet. Far from perfect but complete enough to go thru and refresh.

I got 5 donor bikes and an exerciser as well as a stockpile of parts I will be posting my starting point sometime before the 1st little hint I'm going to be doing something of the huggybear nature with my build so I will be in the class 2 I think it is my build ill have apes and a banana seat not sure about the front wheel yet but I got a little something up my sleeves

Latest posts

Back