MBBO#05 These will be the rules. Sept 1st to Dec 1st 2016.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I count 17 in the preview thread...
Probably get at least a dozen more.

Carl.
I doubt we will beat the 50+ we got last year, the new rules have cut a few people's style out, but as long as the quality is still there I am happy! :thumbsup:

47 hours to the start!

Luke.

well I got my starting point and my parts pile here is my starting point this flying o qualifier I chopped up awhile back

on that note where will we be posting our build journals for this buildoff? I have a couple parts pictures but don't want to flood this post with them

well I got my starting point and my parts pile here is my starting point this flying o qualifier I chopped up awhile back

on that note where will we be posting our build journals for this buildoff? I have a couple parts pictures but don't want to flood this post with them
I'm pretty sure there will be a Forum set up for it.
Just like they do every year...

Carl.

The top of the forum list, where build off 11 currently sits. It'll be replaced by the mbbo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, this is it, these are the rules that we will be using for MBBO#05, if you don't like them feel free to not enter.

2 Classes:

Class 1:
Will now be only for rebuilt and refurbished original muscle bikes or accurate reproductions of an original muscle bike in their original sizes. Period correct accessories are encouraged.

Class 2: Anything goes aside from:
1: Must have a banana/polo/spoon/loaf/you get the idea, seat.
2: Must have ape hangers/steering wheel/rams horn/butterfly/you get the idea, bars.
3: Tire size rake is encouraged.

The rules:

Rule 1- Entire build must be done between 1st September 2016 and 1st December 2016, this is now a 3 month build-off as per the main build-off, you are expected to start a build thread and post progress pics as you go, please don't just build away and expect to jump in at the last second with a finished bike, you can enter at any time before the deadline, but the build must not be finished when you enter.

For the exact Start time that will be used please click here:https://countingdownto.com/countdown/rrb-mbbo-05-start-countdown-clock

For the exact Finish time that will be used please click here:https://countingdownto.com/countdown/rrb-mbbo-05-finish-time-countdown-clock

Rule 2- If your builds rideability is questionable please provide a riding picture or video, just to quell that question from those that like to cause trouble.

Rule 3- Please add "Class 1" or "Class 2" at the start of your build thread title to show which class your build is in.

Rule 4- Multiple entries from one builder are allowed, but they must have their own build threads and be entered for voting separately with a single bike voting picture.

Guidelines:

Please don't argue any more over the rules, there has been too much already.

Please don't start questioning whether someone's build is a "Muscle Bike", if it meets the rules, it is fine. :thumbsup:

Please keep comments light-hearted and positive, this is a fun build-off, if you start causing trouble you might just get removed... :comando:

Have fun builders!

Luke.
Build thread name change can be made more than once ? i have a sweet plan but can't find a name for it and it may change as the build progress

This is the first mbbo I've been around for, I'm really digging the builds. So does the frame have to be period correct for class 2 or can it just be whatever you have around? Was just talking with the old man about turning my la jolla into a muscle bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the first mbbo I've been around for, I'm really digging the builds. So does the frame have to be period correct for class 2 or can it just be whatever you have around? Was just talking with the old man about turning my la jolla into a muscle bike.

Class 2 you can use or build any frame, you just gotta have apes, banana seat, and maybe some tire rake.

Class 2 you can use or build any frame, you just gotta have apes, banana seat, and maybe some tire rake.
Yep, what Falstaff said! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Latest posts

Back