(MBBO 2014 Class1) Hurst Stingray Fastback

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta do something while I'm waiting. I did some more work on the shifter today and finished up the chain guard.
1213142050.jpg

1216142142.jpg

Last edited:
I just checked in with the powder coater, it should be finished on the 22nd... My birthday! That'll be a great birthday for me.:dance2:And German chocolate cake!

Last edited:
How much is that running you? Single color? I know RareBMX has a powdercoater that can do fades. My local guy scoffed when I asked him that. And then wanted $250 to do a single color, and they weren't all that diverse of colors. So that's why I've been painting my own.

How much is that running you? Single color? I know RareBMX has a powdercoater that can do fades. My local guy scoffed when I asked him that. And then wanted $250 to do a single color, and they weren't all that diverse of colors. So that's why I've been painting my own.
It will be a double, metallic silver base with the candy teal over. Since I stripped the frame he reduced the price for me. $150 + tax is the quote I have on the receipt. I did bring the original chain guard as well when I dropped the frame off. He may charge a little more for that. I'll find out and post the final cost when I pick it up.
Here is the link to some of the bikes they have done. There are a couple of fades there. I have no idea what he would charge for that.
http://boneheadperformance.com/photo-gallery/nggallery/powder-coating/bicycles-powder-coating

The chainguard and shifter details are awesome!!!

So, I got a phone call at 11:15 this morning from the powder coater... "Your bike is ready for pick up." What time do you close today? "12 noon."
It takes me 40 minutes to get there and in the middle of doing something that I just can't put down and dash over there. DRAT, DRAT, DRAT!

The total is $164.30

The total is $164.30
Is that just for the frame? Either way your guy is affordable and it looks really good. I had 7 pieces to coat and it got a little pricey. Love the color!

Is that just for the frame? Either way your guy is affordable and it looks really good. I had 7 pieces to coat and it got a little pricey. Love the color!
That was for the frame and the chain guard. Thanks, everyone for the likes. It is my favorite color. I wanted to paint my '69 Dodge that color but I sold it before I got it painted.

Latest posts

Back