MBBO#3 and 2015 Winter BO.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you likely to join either (or both) Build-Off's?

• Total voters
What kind of reduction/ratio you gonna need to turn that big honkin' Hoosier?
And... will yer bike do a wheelie when it's done? o_O
My bike from last year won't and all it has is that stupid OCC tire combo...

Carl.

Luke,

Im in for both Got a 66 3spd stick shift hangin in the shop just beggin to be built for mmbo and I still need to build my Higgins it will be perfect for winter build.
Glad to have you in BD!
What kind of reduction/ratio you gonna need to turn that big honkin' Hoosier?
And... will yer bike do a wheelie when it's done? o_O
My bike from last year won't and all it has is that stupid OCC tire combo...

Carl.
No wheelies with this one, going to be a long and low build, still working on ratios, probably something like a 42/20 on to the 24" tire... About 50 gear/inch, pretty low..

Luke.

Thought for you Luke.
Find a old 10" wide steel rim and cut the welds that hold the center in then build your own center to suit your needs.
You'll need some crazy gearing to battle the weight & rolling resistance of that beast. Maybe setup for a freewheel and run multi speed if you can.

Thought for you Luke.
Find a old 10" wide steel rim and cut the welds that hold the center in then build your own center to suit your needs.
You'll need some crazy gearing to battle the weight & rolling resistance of that beast. Maybe setup for a freewheel and run multi speed if you can.
I will be doing my usual wide hub and spoking trick: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...-wide-hub-join-it-to-a-car-rim-updated.68533/

I have thought about a multi-speed set up, but really for the bike I will be building, it will just need one cruise gear. ;)

Luke.

With a rear tire like that on a muscle bike build a 5 speed stick shift is a must.

For some reason ss muscle bikes seem a bit drab & boring to me. Maybe that's because they are supposed to be like dragsters & when was the last time you heard of a ss dragster.

Last edited:
With a rear tire like that on a muscle bike build a 5 speed stick shift is a must.

For some reason ss muscle bikes seem a bit drab & boring to me. Maybe that's because they are supposed to be like dragsters & when was the last time you heard of a ss dragster.
Valid point, I was worried about making it too similar to "BigJim", it had a jackshaft with a 7 speed set up...

Luke.

That MBBO sounds good to me!
So class one is "stock frame" right?
But it is allowed to build your own apes or fork as i understand?

Frank
Yes indeed!

Luke.

Hmmmm...I skipped out on BoNine and I typically am not a mucle bike guy, but I do have an extra 1966 Huffy build Firestone GTO MB frame sitting in the garage.
Sounds cool!

The best thing about this build-off is the rules, it allows for more than just traditional "muscle bikes" those rules can also include choppers, cafe racer, drag bikes, plenty of options by combining 2 of the three requirements... ;)

Luke.

Latest posts

Back