(MBBO 4 - Class 1) Corvette Stingray, big boys need Muscle Bikes too..........DeLuxe......Back In!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished forming the shifter bracket and got it painted last night.

IMG_15741.JPG

Then today, I painted the round shifter cover to match. I think that the blue, white, and chrome of the shifter matches the rest of the bike fairly well.

IMG_1576.JPG

Here is the shifter and bracket ready to install on the bike.

IMG_1578.JPG

Headed out to the shop, to see how it looks installed.

Man, either it is cold out tonight......or I'm a bigger whimp than ever! Anyway, I got the shifter all mounted and the cable attached and adjusted.

IMG_1579.JPG

IMG_15801.JPG

I had to get a white shifter cable to stay with the theme.

IMG_1582.JPG

IMG_1583.JPG

Tomorrow, I will start building my sissy bar pad. I already have some white metalflake vinyl. If it goes fairly quickly, I will build the wheelie bar!! I just the other day realized that I have the whole day Jan. 1st before the deadline, so that is a whole day of finishing up and watch college football!! Yea.

Thanks, it was the best idea that I could come up with and still keep the tank.

Thanks Jake and Luke!! If I get these last two items finished as nicely as the rest of the bike, I think it will be just as I had invisioned it.

Looking killer. Love the way you did the shifter/cable...and I can see your name is Big Ape for a reason! Never seen those bars before.

Great progress. Nice to see the cool tricks you and Oj shared for mounting points. And good job on the brackets fab work, comes together well.

Building... riding...

Well, the good news is, I got the sissy bar pad done. The bad news is that I will not get a wheelie bar made for this bike. My step dad is in the hospital in pretty rough shape, so I am as done as I can be with the build.
Here is a picture of the sissy bar pad.

IMG_15842.JPG

Here are my final pictures of the build. I really had no local scenery for a back drop, so I improvised. I really wish that the christmas tree picture with my granddaughter Jocey would have been clearer.... it would have been my favorite by far.

IMG_1593.JPG

IMG_1587.JPG

IMG_1586.JPG

IMG_1585.JPG

IMG_15881.JPG

Thanks friend!:)

Latest posts

Back