(MBBO 4 - Class 1) Corvette Stingray, big boys need Muscle Bikes too..........DeLuxe......Back In!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
REally nice paint work. And the blue / chrome theme is only highlighted by your recent tank addition...coming together nicely!:113:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I will get some chain guard mock up pictures on here. I am having trouble getting on the website from home. Right after I posted these pictures, I somehow got knocked off and can not get back on?????

Is the website working for you now?
I wonder if logging out and logging back in might help.

I have not had any issues, but your post was 12 hours ago when I was still asleep...

Luke.
Luke, it happened after I posted the most recent pics. I now can not get on the site from my computer at home. I have never been accused to being a technology wizard........it has me stumped.

Are you using Internet Explorer?
I know the site does not like IE...

Luke.
Yeah, but I tried switching to firefox last night. still couldn't get on. I'll figure something out, maybe.............

Yeah, but I tried switching to firefox last night. still couldn't get on. I'll figure something out, maybe.............
I find Chrome works really well. I tried Microsoft Edge (Win 10) for a day or two, and it worked fine...

Luke.

Anyway, I am at work, so here are some more progress pictures.
A left side view of the tank.

IMG_15151.JPG

An overall view of the bike.

IMG_15141.JPG

I did get the chain guard painted to match, I went ahead with the reversed paint job on it. I thinks that it works out nicely.

IMG_15161.JPG

Then, I manipulted the bike stand to get an idea of what the stance will be when I finally get mt fork extensions made and a 24" front tire on this thing. I think this is pretty close.....and i'm really liking it.

IMG_1518.JPG

Thanks everyone, for some reason, I keep thinking that I am behind! But, the build off is less than one month old right now. I am doing a bunch of work on my house now, so the progress will remain slow...........

I like the tank and the chain guard. I think it was a good idea to reverse the colors for the chain guard too. I like how it now has a chrome fin look to it. Even as this bike sits now, this is definitely a bike I would ride!! But blue and chrome are my favorite color combos.

A quick update, I have my fork extensions built and painted. Ready to get this bike off of the stand!
Here are
IMG_1522.JPG
the extensions, I added some cut outs for a little character and to drop some weight.

IMG_15201.JPG

Here is a picture of the extension installed on the fork. I used some nice chrome plated bolts to add a little class to the assembly.

IMG_15241.JPG

I forgot an overall picture on the stand. HERE IT IS.

IMG_15232.JPG

After lots of debate (in my mind) on what front tire size to go with, I went with 24", a 24x1.75 front rim and a (bmx) stolen joint 24x2.2 white wall tire. I really wanted to go 22" buy could not find a white wall, and a fender would have been an issue also.

IMG_1525.JPG

To say that I am stoked about how this looks would be a huge understatement!! My mind keeps saying, why didn't Schwinn build this bike? I think that I raised the fork about 2 1/2" and the rake looks about perfect. I have the Springer at the highest point with the bolt just thought the top bracket, I will tighten it down and that should drop the front end just a bit and stretch the wheelbase a bit also.

IMG_1526.JPG

I don't know if it is just because I have a crappy stand, but I love it when they can stand on their own!!
Pretty Tough ehh?

Latest posts

Back