(MBBO#4 Class 1) grr-Rat-ified...DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Carl, Thats a wild li'l scoot!
I agree that Duplicolour is great stuff and most products/systems are compatible.
I've used their clear adhesion promoter under clear coats on bare metal and under their anodized finish over Spaceliner chrome with great results.
I often use and can recommend the (heavier duty???) wheel clear for bare metal and over paint as well.
Oh I will definitely have to peruse the paint aisle a little closer next trip....
(it's like just across the shopping center parking lot across the street from me)

Carl.

Dupli-Color Color Effex, is some cool clear. It's got a super fine cut in it, that reflects light in a multi-color hue, almost like oil on water in a fine mist. I sprayed the bare metal frame, fork and guard. I was going to shoot some pictures but I need SUNLIGHT, it's been overcast for days. In dull lighting it just looks like bare metal, the flakes are so fine you have to look for it. So, I'm going to reassemble the bike. She's almost done! I'm feeling grr-RAT-ified...

Carl.

Got a bit of sunshine this morning so before work I took a quick pic...
The sparkle is even better in person.
Gratified 1.jpg

Got home and started assembly...

Carl.

Last edited:
So hard to get a pic that shows that sparkle properly isn't it!

Luke.
Yeah, it's not thick like Pedro. It's just a mist but man in the sunlight it just pops. I do like, that in poor light, it looks like plain bare metal, rather than tiny grey dots.

Carl.

Was wondering what the plan was for the brake cable. You could also use a 135 degree v-brake noodle to move it away from where you legs will be.

Was wondering what the plan was for the brake cable. You could also use a 135 degree v-brake noodle to move it away from where you legs will be.
I reversed the fittings, so the cable shoots back towards the rear axle. Then it loops down along the bottom of the frame to come up to the front. I need about six feet of cable sleeve. LBS should be cool... 20 x 2.125 rear tire showed up today, the front is 20 x 1.95 so that's all good. Slapped the vinyl lettering on the chain guard today too.

Carl.

Purchased a yellow and black checkerboard cable off of eBay last nite.
It should be cool, helping tie the colors all together.
Black, yellow, red, and orange... lotta colors for a bare metal build!

Carl.

That checkered housing is sweet! I like the smooth platinum palette of the frame an wheels to set off the unique colors on the chain and housing, etc. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back