(MBBO #4 Class 1) "Shelby Flyer Woody"..Holiday Greetings from OddJob..pg 10

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on first finish and an awesome build! This bike is unique and very cool!!!
Thanks for the support along the way! It rides like a dream, form and function came to fruition on this one!

Update on Back 40 Bikes.....laid out the plot, measured it out for a 20 x 12 shed. It will be 11.5' at the peak, with 7.5' wall height. Lots of windows. When the view is this good, you don't want to spoil it with walls. I am trimming branches and leveling the site in the next few days.

The plot and lay out....

The view out the 40 x 30 west window. Firepit patio in the background...

View out the large back door. Hope to have a ground level deck for wrenching on the really nice days...

Thanks Chad. It will be a fun project and a great spot to tinker on old bikes, expand creative ideas, and probably tip back a brew or two....Hope to have a grand opening next summer.

Thanks Chad. It will be a fun project and a great spot to tinker on old bikes, expand creative ideas, and probably tip back a brew or two....Hope to have a grand opening next summer.
Maybe even a little nook for micro brew?

Keeping this thread alive.....Here is an example of the rat-ification of the frame that I did. First "head shot" is the original way it looked when I got it; second after some OddJob time in the Back40....

CLOSE TO FINISHING?!?
a803079c354dd9a47a6c8f60692c1ae8.jpg
HAHAHA PEACE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Yea Jake, you give him what for. HAHAHAHAHAHA

I managed to get a coat of primer on before I realized I forgot to modify the chain guard to fit. Two steps forward...

Thanks for the retorts, er, reports, guys! Just trying to keep everybody on their toes...haha! :bigsmile:

And we have all been patiently waiting for paint.
I have not been! Dropped in for the third time today to the paint shop, think I am making a nuisance of myself there...

Luke.

My hard working wife helped me haul two yards of class 5 from the driveway to the BACK40 on Tuesday to level and firm up the site for the building. Will coerce my 20 something son over on Saturday to help with the compacting. Building goes up in two weeks! So excited!

Spent some time fabricating this sign over the past couple of weeks. Used my last piece of oak veneer from SF Woody, some wood letters from Joann Fabrics, cut out a metal counter trivet for the "40", and constructed a frame from a 25 gauge metal stud from Menard's. Then applied some rat-ification to the whole works....

Man that's gonna be a nice man cave OJ. I was done with my bike by this time last year. My Huffy is probably just a doodad away from being done. Long way to go on the Junior Stingray.

Last year I started a 2nd build with 11 days to go. Makes me tired just thinking about it. But you know how it goes. You just get on a tear and go for it.

Latest posts

Back