(MBBO #5 Class 1) 1970 Raleigh Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked this bike up on Sunday, it's one spec frame I've been looking for 16 years to add to my collection!

Anyway here it is

3C40F298-6929-4909-A689-7EC4A66F915C.jpg

I've started to strip it down, will get some pics uploaded in a bit of the challenges I've faced with the sissy bar extraction!

Cool bike Jake! I have a question for you...why did it take you 16 years to find it? What is different about the frame?

I am not well versed in Raleigh Choppers, thought it would be cool to know why!

Not sure what we're missing either, regarding the specialness - looks like a late crossover bike tome, but otherwise, got me stumped as well.

That is a series one with the straight rear bars? From memory they curved them forward and moved the seat forward on the later versions to prevent wheelies?

Welcome aboard, that is a cool bike!

Luke.

That is a series one with the straight rear bars? From memory they curved them forward and moved the seat forward on the later versions to prevent wheelies?

Welcome aboard, that is a cool bike!

Luke.
Thanks, yeah this is the mk1, the mk2 was the safer model that came out in 72 and was in production till about 82/3

Latest posts

Back