Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lil Green Schwinn Trike .I thought September would never get here. I have wanted to do something with this 24" trike I got from Petrohead for some time now. Certain muscle bike parts I have had sitting around for years are now going to finally have a bike to call home. I will have to get some pics of the parts later but here is my starting point and my muscle inspiration Dodges Lil Red Express Truck.
DSCF1775.JPG
dodge-adventurer-150-lil-red-express-07.jpg

Only thing I can think of is to search for hollow hubs on lowrider sites.

Cool project. Love those trucks. You'll have a bit of a Warlock look with the green tho....I wonder if you could find some sealed bearings to fit the axle?...:39:

I found 28 spoke hoops to relace the wheels because the hubs are 28 spoke but would really like to find some 36 spoke hubs like these to open up my wheel choices does anyone know where i might find a set they don't have bearings in the hub like more modern trike hubsView attachment 33245 View attachment 33246 View attachment 33247 View attachment 33248 View attachment 33249
you could always lace these with 36 hoop , skipping 4 holes on each sides of the hoop , can't be that bad right ?
other option could be to drill 4 more holes on each flanges

Hmmm thinking about a change of frame and forks. kind of like to keep my ratty old Schwinn ratty I attached the frame and fork from another project of mine that my neighbor nick named 8 mile because of its length its been collecting dust for some time now. need to add handle bars and a seat and see if it is even rideable.
20160917_185832.jpg

Hmmm thinking about a change of frame and forks. kind of like to keep my ratty old Schwinn ratty I attached the frame and fork from another project of mine that my neighbor nick named 8 mile because of its length its been collecting dust for some time now. need to add handle bars and a seat and see if it is even rideable.View attachment 34332
Run with it homie, that's awesome.

Latest posts

Back