(MBBO Class 1) Buzz Kill

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My entry to MBBO 2014 is this WF Buzz Bike aka Murray Eliminator F5, so far my only plan is to get it ride-able again ! We'll see what happens in between, most likely a resto-mod or Rat-sto-rod .
a couple old pics I'll get some fresh pics after breakfast !

note the date , this bike was taken apart 4 yrs ago and tossed in the pile till now .

Mark

Sweet starting point!

Thanks Kingfish, looks like I'll be doing some frame repairs as I found a crack on the left seat stay from water freezing in the tube.

whats left of the seat post decal

I managed to get the rusted left pedal off and the crank out, its junk as in bent bad. lots of PB Blaster down the seat post, of coarse its rusted and stuck but I would like to save it if possible..patience is something I have ? sometimes
More later
Mark

Progress, a little anyway. I got the seat post out and in good shape for reuse, straightened the bulge in the stay and welded the crack, all ground down, metal finished and most of the rust and old paint removed. All the tools were already out anyway !

I'll start throwin' parts at it later this week, we'll see what sticks !:whistle:
Mark

This is not much of an update but I did some digging for the original parts, seems after four years they've been scattered .
I did throw some parts at it just so it looks like a bike while I do the cleanup on the wheels , the back wheel is a mess though the front will clean up nice .

rear is seized and crusty

I have a spare rim and side stamped

original bars and grips will cleanup but the levers will be replaced

the Lark SS derailleur is in good shape 'cept for the missing cap

The scrubbin' continues !
Mark

You have a great looking frame wish mine was as straight as yours if it was I'd do a class 1 build too.you got a good start wish you the best of luck!:113:

Thanks Jamie, it is indeed a nice frame and with the talented builders we have here I need all the luck I can get !!

Luke only time will tell if the fork will stay, this bike had a standard fork originally but I had the 24" girls rat trap fork in the pile so just tossed it on for now ...I like the look but I would like a longer fork on it and it is a little heavy for a "wheelie bike". I really can't remember if the Eliminators had rat traps originally but I have seen plenty of them with it, I'm getting old and forgetful or as I like to say "I have C.R.S" !:confused:;)
Mark

maybe you could redo the fork rockers so they are taller?

Troy

Hey Mark, be cautious with those frozen water split frames. I had one that I used for my wifes old bike. The repair I did held fine but the frame was severely rotted out in other spots that were not noticeable from the outside. This was after media blasting and covered in a ppg dp epoxy.
IMG_0177.jpg

The water burst tube was on the seat stay in the middle. I'd bet there's more going on inside you don't see.
Sorry. Not trying to be a "Buzz Kill".
Saw the pun and had to take it.

Ouch ! That's the pits Sensor, all the prep , paint and build time to have that happen :arghh: I did think about the possibility of more underlying problems but best I can see into the tubes look clean but believe me I will put the bike through a hard ride before I turn the grand kids loose with it.:headbang:
Mark

Latest posts

Back