(MBBO) Class 1 Western Flyer Wheelie Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just a bike it'll be alright is probably what they thought. Looks like they would realize that a good paint job is the reason for bringing it to them and make it look best they possibly could. What did they have to say about it when you picked it up? Did they still charge you for this? I would have been furious they have had it since mid October according to your post. Even if it was a freebie friend thing they should have knowed what you wanted.
Okay sorry for ranting

I have no idea what they were thinking. They offered to fix the pits but I just took the frame as is. After 3 months of waiting I had enough. It was 125 dollars to paint it. Not a big deal on the money. Just very bummed with the paint job. It is really great and really bad at the same time.

Who painted it? A shop? Did you talk about the pits prior?

It is the same shop I have used before on a few bikes. They do good work and good price but this one took way to long and didn't get done right. I understand they fit me in between the cars they do but... I told them about the pits a few times. They probably forgot by the time they got to it. Even so why would you paint it like that?

Because it's a bike and they could give a rat's patootie. If it was me, they would be redoing the whole bike. If you have history with them, then your repeat business should be worth more than them sucking up the cost of fixing their problem. They should be embarrassed that that inattention has their "name" on it.

Another option you could have is to strip it, do the filler and prep yourself (sanding, primer) then give it to them to spray the color/clear.

I can imagine your disappointment. I love those bikes and was patiently following this build, excitement and jealousy building. What a letdown for me, and it's your project!

Hook in and hold on!

LOL Yeah that's what I have to do. The disappointment is starting to go away. I will have a great looking bike to mock up this time. No worry about scratching the paint putting it together.... Or do I practice not scratching it. HaHa It will get repainted at some point.

Latest posts

Back