(MBBO) Class 1 Western Flyer Wheelie Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is my start for the build off. It is a Western Flyer Buzz Bike 2+1 Wheelie Bike frame. I have the impossible to find guard coming to me along with a new seat. I bought a Western Flyer bike for the other parts I need for this bike. A few things will probably have to go to chrome plating. It will be stripped down this week and sent off to be blasted clean and get ready for paint. Looking forward to bringing this back from the dead.

Very cool frame! as for years, I've seen some of them for sale, advertised between 1966 and 1969, but I'm not sure how long they were made.

25re8ah.jpg

Hope its not a purple one

I think it is Maroon...
Wow this thing is awesome, I've never seen this frame before... I'm assuming it's a 60's bike?

The were made in 69 & 70 I believe. They made a few different models. They had a Skeeter that was lime green or red. Also the blue color for the Buzz Bike. The were badged under AMF Roadmaster and Western Flyer

I got a few things done today. I got the frame broke down and ready to blast. Have a few problems so far. First the headbadge rivets head broke off trying to get them out. I had to knock them in to get them out. The sprocket looks like it is bent a little. Not a big deal. The rear fender I have to replace the original is to short. I need a 25 inch fender. The wheelie bar looks like the bracket might be bent a little. I will check it with my other bike to see. The frame has some good rust on one of the bottom frame rails. Will probably need good sanding before painting. The fork crown had these metal tabs to hold it in place so had to pry them up some to get it off. Going good so far. Good thing about this rare bike is the frame and guard are the only rare thing about it. The rest of the parts are easy to find and cheap...lol

That frame is so cool though...
You going og look or flash?
If it was MY second one,
I'd be tempted to go radical paint and bars.

Carl.

I am going to paint it the original candy blue paint. The paint will be a little different then the original. More of a metal flake to it then original but not much. I tried putting a rat trap fork with a 16 inch wheel on but it didn't look good....lol I will probably use the mag in my avatar picture for this bike.

You definitely have my attention with that cool frame!

Never saw one of these before this build. That frame looks mean! Can't wait to see where you take this one.:rockout:

Latest posts

Back