(MBBO Class 1)wildcat Scotty, last build stuff and pics of a ride, DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got some work done on the bottom triple tree plate it's still ruff and needs more metel removed from the right side. the holes are evenly spaced I think! LOL,

here it is sitting on the forks it resting on the the leaf spring bracket and is about 4 inches to low

will get more done in a couple days!

Troy

dang it!!! man that is cool I may even have the stuff. uhm no not this one the........... rats uhm if i just cut ??????? then?????? dang thats cool! thanks B!!!!

Troy

so finished the base pieces shaping and welded in the neck.

welded in the fork blades

I'm back home in 3 days so hoping to finish up the top plate and the handle bar mounts. Want to put it together and go for a ride before I strip it apart for paint, am anxious to see how the fork works when riding it!!!!!!!

have to start thinking about paint colors also.

Troy

had an opportunity to shovel a little snow the last few days!! but did get some work done.

evened up the fork blade ends and set the bearings and races to set the hieghts

my daily rider may be needing a tune up come spring!!!!

the nut caps welded on

and the soon to be top plate for the triple tree!!! have a few days off in 2 days so should get him ready for paint then

Troy

minus 18 last night!
f15da5c94ba307794bfe5bc68ac54daf.jpg

Maybe you need to re-think your build concept Troy.
It meets all the requirements,small wheel,banana seat, just add some apes...:rofl:
images

That fork turned out well. Have you tried mocking up a smaller front wheel? Maybe a 16" or a 12"?

here are some rim options!

option 1, green 16" front and gives me a front brake option

option 2 the only other 16" I have

threw some other stuff on it just to see

I have smaller 20 inch tires the ones I have now are 2.125 I think so can do smaller tire and go with 20 inch rims if I want. the black rear rim has a very small gear on it like 8 tooth small and I do not know if I can change it to a larger one. tell me what you guys think!!

Troy

oh, I also found this in my rim pile.

it had an old Schwinn slick on it but it took a standard 20 inch tire was thinking of using it on the rear. do not know anything about 2 speed hubs though, how does it shift?

Troy

No cable or shifter, as you pedal backwards it shifts to the other gear. You choose when you go to the other gear. As you coast you may inadvertently shift to the other gear, it takes a little getting used to but then it's second nature and very easy to use. The blue band hub has a standard and high gear.

Latest posts

Back