(MBBO Class 2) - NO NAME SPEEDSTER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I don't think I have won yet , theres a lot of very cool bikes being built right now , I just think it cool to see some of these projects coming together , and this build off still has a long way to go

Well I don't think I have won yet , theres a lot of very cool bikes being built right now , I just think it cool to see some of these projects coming together , and this build off still has a long way to go
I think that Gigmata was talking about the competition for the largest rear tire in the buildoff. :21:

Nice work, I like how to finished thw tubes at the back of the frame.

Well i cut the drive out of the bike and started over , moving it up so now it cant touch the ground , then i built a new seat post to move the seat back closer to the rear wheel ,heres so updated pictures
new drive and seat post003.jpg
new drive and seat post002.jpg
new drive and seat post001.jpg

How do you figure out the gear ratio so it's not like pedaling a De Soto?

Carl. :android:

The first time I ever built one of these bikes with the big tires I spent two weeks just changing gears to get it right , I always try to find the smallest sprocket for the crank and then the biggest gear for the first side of the jack shaft , then a smaller gear for the second side of the shaft and always the biggest gear I can find for the wheel , I tried putting on a multi speed gear set on the wheel but the chain is so short the chain gets bound up on the jack shaft gear when you change gears , the way I do the gearing now works pretty good , I am no where close to being in shape and I can put 10 miles on it with it killing me , there kinda like peddling a 29" tire bicycle because the tire is a 29x11x15 and I put about 40 psi in it so the tire crowns pretty good so your only riding on about 3" of the tire , and ya the bikes done weigh about 75 lbs , there not light weights but a whole lot of fun to ride and they turn heads where ever we go riding

Well i got some more work done today , got the bike stripped back down for grinding and to mount the brakes and put the chain guard on , here is the chain guard i am going with
chain gaurd on steve walkers bike001.jpg

I got the brake caliper mounted and the bike is now done , took it for a short ride in the dark and everything seems to be good , now to strip it back down and get ready for paint , think i am going with a candy apple red and white , but first a whole lot of sanding
steves bike done001.jpg
steves bike done002.jpg
steves bike done003.jpg

Thanks BIG D , this one was a lot of fun to build , My bikes most of the time are 8 or 9 feet long so making a short "muscle bike" was different for me , and you got it right that's a right rear from a dirt late model on a 10" wide wheel ,

Thanks Luke , had to do the mount twice because the first time I welded it on I had the caliper to low and it was rubbing on the disc , so you know the old saying we do it nice because we do it twice happens a lot in my shop

Latest posts

Back