(MBBO04C1) '67 HUFFY "The Musclepunk"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good! That decal is a nice finishing touch!

Luke.
Nice work Chad! This one is at the top of the heap!

Thank you fellas!

One item added to this bike a while back is a Greenfield kickstand. I didn't care for the original and it wasn't working well with the smaller wheel in the front. Nice product for 10 bucks at the local bike shop and made in the USA.

The other day I was trying to find something in the garage to use for a cap to put over the end of it since it's kind of pointy. Then I came across these Greenfield caps on ebay so I grabbed one..

kickstand_zpsqf2aucxw.jpg~original

I did find a little rubber cap in the garage to cover the end of the bolt with.

Here are some final pics for now. I may try to get some better ones with a camera but I might just be lazy. I get pretty lazy in the winter time. I did flip the front wheel around so the tread is pointing the right way.

final4_zpsovqm2sjg.jpg~original

final_zps2zvfemaf.jpg~original

final2_zpshkp222cj.jpg~original

This bike was started just as something to have fun and play along with. Kind of surprised with how it turned out. I think it actually looks like a muscle bike. It's a great runner too and moves out pretty good in 3rd gear with the long cranks.

Feels like I've probably dragged this out as long as I possibly can so the finished thread is up here: http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/class-1-67-huffy-the-musclepunk.95808/

Thanks again guys. This has been a lot of fun.

You really put together a top notch build here Chad! That front end shot o f the fork crown- bullet caps-etc shows the detail you have put in to this build. Nicely done!

I dig it! The stance is perfect and it has a cool mix of parts that all work together. You made her pretty muscley that's for sure!

You guys are too kind. Thank you for all the lovin' on this bike..:happy:

I installed one jean-you-wine Campagnolo part on this 1967 original paint Huffy. I was going to post up a pic of it a couple times but never got around to it....so I figured I'd post up this game to see if anyone knows what it is..:39::39:

Hmm, I see no shot with a clear view of the brake lever...

Carl.
Oooo! Nice thinking Carl!
I was wondering about the clamp that holds the peace sign on...

Luke.

Hmm, I see no shot with a clear view of the brake lever...

Your right Carl. Here's a shot of the lever. + thanks for the trip down the "vintage campagnolo lever" rabbit hole on ebay..:D

blever_zpsqpii8dtp.jpg~original

I was told by a reliable scource that this would be a correct lever for a 1967 Huffy muscle bike. Took some filing and some oil pan drain washers for shims to get it mounted on these bars.

Oooo! Nice thinking Carl!
I was wondering about the clamp that holds the peace sign on...

Luke a Campy clamp holding on that peace sign would be cool! Campy clamp would be way fancier than the one that's on there. Here's a Campy cable guide. Clamp would look similar.

main.php

Carl you're closer than Luke but still pretty cold.

Well, that front brake noodle has a weird end on it, could be that. Or the shaft for the seatpost.....

Eagleye is slightly warm..OJ you'd notice a Campy seatpost. Hmmmm...I thought this would be too easy so I wasn't giving clues but here's one.

It's clearly identifiable as a Campagnolo part...meaning it says Campagnolo on it plain as day.

Took her for a ride in the park the other day. Getting cold out again now.

mp30_zpsnhbcx0ew.jpg~original

In my "never say die" mode so I'm going to keep trying.....is it the cable stop on the rear seat stays? Or perhaps the crank caps? Btw, I can't zoom in enough to see the words "campagnolo" anywhere so these are just semi-educated guesses!

Take as many guesses as you like OJ. I thought the first person with a good monitor would spot it but perhaps it's not that easy. Those are both good guesses but you're moving in the wrong direction on the bike.

Another clue: This particular piece came from a part I bought to put on my Fastback last year. I was able to use everything but this one piece. It just wouldn't fit. The irony is I had bought this particular part because it had this piece with it.

Now this piece is on the Huffy and what gave me the idea to use it was a comment made by CRASH when I first mentioned I had a 1967 Huffy.....:39:

I thought the first person with a good monitor would spot it but perhaps it's not that easy.
24" FHD monitor and it still took forced zoom to find it!

23569738330_4f711b1131_z.jpg

Luke.

Thank you Chief.

Luke you found it! I knew somebody would.

It's a Campagnolo Super Record headset washer. The fork on the Fastback was too short to use it then the Huffy washer wouldn't fit the chrome Wald fork so I was able to put it on there.

Here's a close up.

campy_zpsezsyo9k8.jpg~original

Latest posts

Back