Meet Matti

Discussion in 'INTROS' started by MattiThundrrr, Aug 30, 2019.

1. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

I finally found my place! Tried the BMX forums, they didn't like my style, and I couldn't justify the co$$$$$$t those bikes demand. Tried the mountain bike forums, it seems that I and my bikes are obsolete, can 26" wheels even roll anymore? Tried Rat Rod Bikes, and happy times, I'm freakin Goldilocks here, just right!

This place has rekindled my love of bikes and fired up creative juices that had congealed due to years of life getting in the way. The artistry and passion on display have blown my head clean off. Seriously, I put my hat on the bloody stump that is my neck now.

But it's more than that, it's your attitude too. No condescension towards noobs, just a good group. I hope you can forgive me until you get used to my humor and learn to ignore me.

That's chapter 1. Chapter 2 will be a brief history of me. Chapter 3 will introduce my fleet. Chapter 4 will be a discussion of time and space and the nature of reality and man's place in it, as it pertains to the most efficient form of transportation ever created... Sailboats!

Just, kidding it's bikes.

2. Duchess

Duchess

Same here. It's called "Rat Rod", but pretty much anything is accepted. When I go around with my custom bikes, people always comment on it and, after telling them I built them for a contest, they ask if I won. I laugh and tell them, "No." The level of talent here is incredible, but there are no big egos among them.

3. RustyGold

RustyGold

Welcome to RRB!

I'm a BMXMuseum and theCabe member as well, but I post on those forums infrequently for much the reason you state. Much better vibe here than any other forum I've ever been on (use to be on a bunch of car forums).

Jason

Chad T and horsefarmer like this.
  4. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

I have to say that there are some cool folks on mtbr forum. Particularly the vintage section. I've actually gone super goofy fanboy over the fact that Charlie Kelly is there. His "Blue Collar Classics" thread is what mountain biking NEEDS:
    https://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-classic/blue-collar-classics-533958.html

(Moderators, if linking to other forums isn't cool, please edit, or let me know!)

5. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

Chapter 2: Really? He's Going Through With This?
    Boring stuff: born in the 70s raised in the 80s, sk8board, punk, crappy third hand ten speed, jealousy at friends' cool brand bmxs, 90s grunge, girls, delinquency, what's that, a mountain bike?! Lemme try that Hardrock... right down a flight of stairs (I HATE GRIPSHIFT!!!) and I'm buying it, never leaving my collection. Graphic design diploma, the new millennium, jobs, life, wife (the cutie from the LBS!) kids, motorcycle, forgot about bikes, crash, busted body, rehab, back to bikes, Rat Rod Bikes and that's about it.

6. RustyGold

RustyGold

He is a member here, as well :thumbsup:.

Chad T likes this.
  7. RustyGold

RustyGold

Nice life summary :grin:.

8. Chad T

Chad T

Welcome aboard. Friendliest forum I've been on. The early Audi nuts are very cool too though. Great back story. Ready to see the fleet.

Thanks to you. We still need to try and sign up for his site. See if we're still considered bots.

9. RustyGold

RustyGold

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    MattiThundrrr and Chad T like this.
  10. Bike Bum

Bike Bum

Swellsville, USA. Where Everything Is Just Swell.
    Welcome! Haha, your sense of humor and attitude are exactly what this site is about. Well, that and building bikes. From one graphic designer to another, you're going to love it here.

MattiThundrrr likes this.
  11. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

Chapter The Thirds: Srsly? He's still going on about himself?
    No. Now he's going to introduce you to the fleet!

The Numero Uno:
    My baby, the RockRat. The first and last. Been riding this 93 or 94 Hardrock since she was almost new. Will never leave my collection. I might be living in a box in an alleyway, drunk on Lysol, but I'll be the homeless guy with the bitchinest mountain bike around. IMG_20190618_122104199_HDR.jpg

The Deuce, aka Duck Norris. When you pedal Duck Norris, Duck Norris doesn't move forwards, the world moves backwards!! Cooler than it is possible for a bike to be! IMG_20190901_142017583.jpg

The Wonky Donkey
    Found it in the trash. Where it belongs. Parts fall off of other bikes, and here's where they land. IMG_20190829_114301068.jpg

Bike Bum, LukeTheJoker and RustyGold like this.
  12. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

This is my girl's ride, now a minivan, ready to haul fam. Note the lack of bouncey soft bits. She's ridden this one down a mountain! That's a girl you marry! IMG_20190904_134031580.jpg
    And her cruiser, Schwinn Fairbrooks. It's travelled further than yours has. Trust me. It's been to Hawaii, the American south, and now, the great white North. IMG_20190904_134122165.jpg
    And a future project for Matti, her kid bike. Yes, it's called the Blue Angel. Check the sticker.

Attached Files:

13. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

Kidbikes: IMG_20190904_134110604_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    The back 40: IMG_20190902_172148149_HDR.jpg
    Parts and projects stash at undisclosed location: IMG_20190902_152313586.jpg

LukeTheJoker, Kruez and RustyGold like this.
  14. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

Shhhhhhh! This is my work girlfriend. Don't tell the others, but she's a BLAST to ride, and keeps me in shape all winter! IMG_20190903_212250753.jpg

15. MazdaFlyer

MazdaFlyer

Welcome to the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  16. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

Teaser: talking to a guy about a new addition to the fleet! Don't want to jinx the deal, but it's too sweet to pass up. It isn't a rat, won't likely get many mods, but it's one that's been on my list for a while. I missed out a year or two ago, kicking myself ever since, and that one was listed at almost 4x the cost of this one! Fingers crossed!

17. sandman

sandman

When is the grand introduction ? Can't stand the suspense !

18. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

I might see him Wednesday, Friday, or over the weekend. It's a bit of a drive that I'd have to do before work. Time is the hardest part to find!

19. The Renaissance Man

The Renaissance Man __CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)

Great intro. You're officially in the club.:forum:

(Secret handshake will come later.):wink1:

Bike Bum, RustyGold and MattiThundrrr like this.
  20. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator