Meet Virginia, Smooth Bahama Blaster, Lake Loafer, Pirate's Princess, Whiskey Girl

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carbon fiber fork?? Virginia will be impressed
20190825_185059.jpg

But it is a good looking tire. I like the tread and the thin white stripe. And has some kind of extra layer for flat protection.
20190825_194346~2.jpg
Maybe just what I need for a cruiser turned quazi-unorthodox road bike.

Closed back in. Don't seem to have any smaller locknuts. So I went until I got a blister. About 144mm. 9 over for either the 4-speed coaster that I'm using now, or the 8-speed freewheel that could be used in the future.

Will leave it for 20 hours or so and see if it takes.

But it must've been 129, because I only had to wedge it past the lock nuts to get'r in there.
20190826_195317.jpg
20190826_194844.jpg
20190826_194932.jpg

I know Virginia's pretty plain Jane around these parts.
Thought about sprucin'r up with some short fenders with racing stripes. Still might get around to cuttin up the skateboard to a quilted coffin shaped banana seat down the road. And have been looking for tiny bullet lights to mount either side of the stem from the shifter mount off the Suburban.
We'll see if I can come up with anything to make'r shine a little more in the next few days. Maybe some jewelry.....

Probably woulda looked better with the chrome forks and some nobbies.

And I thought quite hard about ploppin down another eighty on a sealed bottom bracket for the 3-piece crank and a fancy chainwheel..or ring..sprocket. And I may still. Already got a nice crankset.

And a better seat. Or at least a better looking seat.

But I think it's going to be a nice smooth rider. And will fit me pretty well.

Looling good. Schwalbe makes some great tires.

Picked up a 27mm race at the LBS today.
Saw thebigorangecat's improvised press, but I missplaced my c-clamp.
20190828_194810.jpg

Jack handle and little sledge saved the day.

Thanks. It'll be rollin this weekend. But probably be another week or two before it's really finished.

Just don't lose track of the Sep 9th deadline

Will try the fork on to see how it looks tomorrow. And maybe some slightly lower and wider black race bars just to see how they feel.
And put a crank and 39 tooth front sprocket for starters. Might need a little smaller, but I think that's about a 12% reduction over the 44.

Latest posts

Back