Mega May Mongoose Beast eBike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks I appreciate it. Its got a 44 x 20 with a nexus 3 speed and a 333 Shimano shifter.
DSCF0001_zpsbb2a1541.jpg

Too Much! lol

Depends on the configuration...You can get a basic kit for $250 + battery(~$500). This build was rather expensive because I went with a top of the line motor, controller, and battery... I've seen turnkey electric fatbike's start around $3k...but the motor on this build is rather...big... :?

Yes, Absolutely! I look at it as an education, really. I have lots of Ideas and this configuration does not exists on the market. My main goal was to make it simple, lots of torque, easily transportable, and keep it looking like a bicycle...the Cordura wrap and fire resistant Velcro was pretty wise! Still not happy with the seat...Your seat looks good...what are you using?

Its a couple that Chuck had. I think they come on a Schwinn Heavy duti. The first
one is smaller. The last picture with the shifter is a large one from a Heavy Duti too.
Its big , but really comfortable. Sometimes in reality you go with function over looks.
The best I have ever found are sold by Schwinn. They may be ugly ,but you can ride
all day long and none of your parts will get numb. I have 4 of them and won't ride a bike
that doesn't have one.
http://www.target.com/p/schwinn-ultra-c ... cycle+seat

Interesting set up you have on your Beast...ebikes are not my cup of tea...but you never know what the future holds for someone. :D It looks like you are going at a good speed there from your video!

This is kinda the direction I'm going for with my bike, where did you order from, what controller and battery did you go with lithium or lead?

Latest posts

Back