MegaPixieRay (aka: Mongoose Beast) PRE-RRBBO8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MegaRay (aka: Mongoose Beast) PRE-RRBBO8

dracothered said:
I was thinking maybe mount a speedometer in it.

That would be cool too. Would you put a hinge on the top or just have exposed speedo brains?

kingfish254 said:
dracothered said:
I was thinking maybe mount a speedometer in it.

That would be cool too. Would you put a hinge on the top or just have exposed speedo brains?
I think exposed or if I can sticking through the skull top.

dracothered said:
Still trying to give it a name...

MegaRay%205.jpg
MEGA PIXIE DEATH RAY! Go Draco Go! :mrgreen: PS: Ya gonna throw a motor on that thing?

The nanner looks good. I popped some 2 foot apes on Fat Fink II today. I have a couple of nanners I may try some other time.

dracothered said:
Seeing what it might look like with the banana seat...

Banana%20Seat%202.jpg

Thanks Hammond Eggz for the seat, it looks great.

You're very welcome - glad to give it to a fellow member, and that you could use it! 8)

Would 1/16" wall steel tubing be to thin to use in doing my frame mod in my build? I plan on replacing the the top tube with a double top tube. Looking at the seat post tube it looks to be about the same. I didn't measure the thickness of it as I was heading back inside.

1/16th works out to roughly 1.58mm in metric I think, I use 1.6mm for my frames and that is generally regarded as overkill, so 1/16th should be fine in my opinion, pretty much the same as what I use. :wink:

Looking forward to seeing it!

Luke.

Nice stuff so far! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

towtruckmike67 said:
how did you come up with the wide front fork and axle configuration for the big wheel?
As far as I know they are all stock. Do a search on Walmart.com for Mongoose Beast. They are about $200 and come with a wide fork and HUGE wheels.

outskirtscustoms said:
towtruckmike67 said:
how did you come up with the wide front fork and axle configuration for the big wheel?
As far as I know they are all stock. Do a search on Walmart.com for Mongoose Beast. They are about $200 and come with a wide fork and HUGE wheels.
I was referring to the mega manta 20 inch i believe, it was in red primer in the last pic i saw of it, was wondering if the front forks had to be special made and how exactly did they configure the front axle to what appears to be a newer sting ray back wheel? Id really like to build one of these, Thanks

Tater said:
I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together.

Here's my work-in-progress take on a "Mega Ray". Started with a beaten to death 2006 Manta Ray.
DSC01425_zps94299d6d.jpg
This is the bike i want to build, just not sure about the front forks and axle config. to a back rim?

Latest posts

Back