MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (Added some of the Finishing Details)

Feb 23, 2011
Re: MegaPixieRay RRBBO8

Watching this one with interest.

( although curious why it's in anything goes, if no frame alterations will be done ) .

I have a Ross Mixte frame I've been eying all month thinking it looks like an overgrown pixie, been thinking of cutting out the top bars and adding a 'nanner.

doubt I have time to commit to a deadline BO8 build, but who knows, lol.

Dec 31, 2012
Brighton, MI

Green Dragon said:
Watching this one with interest.

( although curious why it's in anything goes, if no frame alterations will be done ) .

I have a Ross Mixte frame I've been eying all month thinking it looks like an overgrown pixie, been thinking of cutting out the top bars and adding a 'nanner.

doubt I have time to commit to a deadline BO8 build, but who knows, lol.
The frame will get a double bar transplant for the top bar, so it has to be in the anything goes... :mrgreen:

Dec 31, 2012
Brighton, MI

Worked on the Spring Nanner Seat tonight...

An old Schwinn seat plus a Nanner seat equals an up and coming spring nanner... :mrgreen:

Skinned nanner...

Still need to fill in the open area of the spring frame.

Dec 31, 2012
Brighton, MI

Thanks...

Here is some more progress on it.

I still need to add some cross braces to the new rails.

Also need to drill a hole for the front mount.

Feb 23, 2011
Re: MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (Spring Nanner almost done)

seat looks KILLER.

definately watching this for the frame mods, and taking notes ... still have not decided on what to / if to enter this year, never got mine done in the last build, so my track record is not too good, lol.

Dec 31, 2012
Brighton, MI
Re: MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (Spring Nanner almost done)

More done on the Nanner Seat...

Welded in some cross braces so the new bars don't flex. I think I also need one more spring between the seat frame and the seat on the center cross brace.

Had to weld another metal plate in across where the springs bolt down to the seat bracket because my fat backside started to bend the bracket. You can see it somewhat above the spring.