MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (Added some of the Finishing Details)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (Brake Bosses welded on)

I took yoothgeye and JoKeR63 advice and welded the V-brake Bosses onto the forks. So far it looks to be a successful operation, hopefully it is all in the right area. My method to do it isn't very high tech and not 100% accurate, but seems to have worked.

First I found the placement of one of the brakes and put a muffler clamp around the fork tube as a point to rest the bosses base against while welding it. I then used the wheel mounted in the forks to line everything up and clamp everything so I could put a couple tack weld down.
V-brake%20Bosses%201.jpg

V-brake%20Bosses%202.jpg

V-brake%20Bosses%203.jpg

V-brake%20Bosses%204.jpg

After that I welded all the way around each base.
V-brake%20Bosses%205.jpg

With the arms in place...
V-brake%20Bosses%206.jpg

V-brake%20Bosses%207.jpg

V-brake%20Bosses%208.jpg

Re: MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (V-Brakes Installed & Working)

Sweet work on the brakes!
I still love seeing that "head" badge.

To get rid of brake squeal, make sure the pads are not exactly parallel to the rims, I forget, you either point them in in the front or in in the back... try either. haha

I THINK YOU oops point the end that's closer to your knees when you are pedaling inward.

oops i was typing in caps and didnt mean to.

I think you point the end that's closer to your knees when you are pedaling inward.

Found this
Block_Alignment_Drawing_4.jpg

So far I haven't been able to get rid of the screeching noise when stopping yet. Changed the pads, cleaned the rim, set a toe in and even tried the pads long side forward. I noticed the arms flex a bit so I bought a set of Extra Long Rear V-brakes, hoping that will cure it.

Also I'm still not totally digging the rear rack/ 6 Beer holder...

Lightly sand the pads to help the squeal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Latest posts

Back