MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (Added some of the Finishing Details)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (She is a rider again)

Looks great! Love the skull and those double tubes seem like looking at the business end of a double barrel shotgun. Awesome!

outskirtscustoms said:
Looks great! Love the skull and those double tubes seem like looking at the business end of a double barrel shotgun. Awesome!
I have some end caps painted up black for the end tubes. But that does give me some ideas to think on. :mrgreen:

Well I figured out what most of my front brake screeching was from. The V-brake arms that I welded up were flexing to much which causes it to skip the pad on the rim and screech. No mater how much toe in I did the screeching would not go away. So when I got the Schwinn OCC Sting Ray I used the V-brake arms off of it's front brake and most of the screeching went away.

Though as you can see the cable just clears the tire which is fine with me, but if I were to re-work it I could move the posts up just a bit and it would be even better. You really can't see it, but there is about 3/16" to a 1/4" of clearance between the cable and tire. The original tires wouldn't clear with this setup but it could be made/fixed to work.
Front%20Brake%20Clearance.jpg

dracothered said:
outskirtscustoms said:
I have some end caps painted up black for the end tubes. But that does give me some ideas to think on. :mrgreen:
Put evil horns in there :) (Bike look's awesome btw :mrgreen: Gj on the paint )

Almost there!!! And lookin mighty Fat !!!! :D
Has all come together really well....Diggin the freeloader at the front... :D

Looking sweet!
Plug the holes with some 4" tips from deer antlers.

dracothered said:
Funkme said:
Almost there!!! And lookin mighty Fat !!!! :D
Has all come together really well....Diggin the freeloader at the front... :D
So am I digging him.
You have to watch those skulls from time to time....They seem to think they can attach themselves where they want..... :lol:

Alright got some more of the final details done.

Almost%20Done%209.jpg

Almost%20Done%2010.jpg

Here is a better angle to see the clearance of the brake cable going over top of the tire.
Almost%20Done%2011.jpg

I need to decide where the badge looks best. The first place would cover a hole in the seat tube post.
Almost%20Done%2012.jpg

Almost%20Done%2013.jpg

I think this is the best looking place for it, but I would need to find another OCC Chopper headbadge to put one on each side of the forks.
Almost%20Done%2014.jpg

Hey man sweet build! I've been working on one myself and was searching about v brakes. I put a motor on mine and had to take out the coaster brake, as a result i've resorted to flintstone braking. That gets a little sketchy at around 30mph! What i was wondering about was the brake bosses and if i should fab my own little tabs or buy a pair or what. Can you buy the little bosses with tabs from somewhere? I have the brakes, just deciding on how to attach them. I'm no brake expert and wondered at one point why i can't just drill a hole through the fork and attach one of the v brake arms with a bolt.

heres a pic of mine. before i cleaned up the wires and stuff. as soon as i get these front brakes worked out, i'm gonna break it down, fill and smooth the welds and paint it..
attachment.php

felix2 said:
Hey man sweet build! I've been working on one myself and was searching about v brakes. I put a motor on mine and had to take out the coaster brake, as a result i've resorted to flintstone braking. That gets a little sketchy at around 30mph! What i was wondering about was the brake bosses and if i should fab my own little tabs or buy a pair or what. Can you buy the little bosses with tabs from somewhere? I have the brakes, just deciding on how to attach them. I'm no brake expert and wondered at one point why i can't just drill a hole through the fork and attach one of the v brake arms with a bolt.

heres a pic of mine. before i cleaned up the wires and stuff. as soon as i get these front brakes worked out, i'm gonna break it down, fill and smooth the welds and paint it..
attachment.php
To be honest I can't recommend just front V-brakes on this bike with one that has a motor on it. You would be better served changing out the front hub with a BMX freewheel hub and using a disc brake mounted on the left side.

NOTE Don't drill through the forks as it is a bad idea and will ad a possible weak point to them. As far as the brake bosses go you can buy pre-fabbed ones that just need to be fitted and welded in place. Just look up v-brake part and frame building parts.

Latest posts

Back