MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (Added some of the Finishing Details)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (Skull Head Badge Fitted & Glows)

Thanks everyone...

Been racking my wet noodle that I call a brain on how to do a set of spring on the MegaPixieRay.

Tell me what you all think about this idea...
Springer%20Idea.jpg

I've thought about something similar to this before, but without the extra fork on the front. Just the bottom rockers, with the wheel at the forward end.

Re: MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (Fitting the Skull Head Badge)

dracothered said:
thanks Miss Funk and RRBorg...

Rat Rod Borg ?

Borgs are pretty ratty / run what ya brung already, but maybe one with found objects and some ingenuity...... the crew of the Enterprise better watch out .....

Rockit! said:
I just giggled like a schoolgirl!

:lol: :lol: :lol:(I'm with rockit) Wicked !!!!

kingfish254 said:
Thank Miss Funk and the RRBorg Collective Brain that always happens during the build off.

Good ideas always comes in packs :wink:
The ole wooden case is brilliant will stop the klunkin around,and hide the rack,and with your own logo,means you carry any flavor of the week...
Great minds think alike :mrgreen:

dracothered said:
Added what the trail would be like, wondering if it would be enough???

Springer%20Idea%202.jpg
you could always flip the fork around :wink:
i would be better if you havce the spring in front (compression springs) insted of (tension springs) at the back , just sound safer to me , and would look nicer IMO

Green Dragon said:
dracothered said:
thanks Miss Funk and RRBorg...

Rat Rod Borg ?

Borgs are pretty ratty / run what ya brung already, but maybe one with found objects and some ingenuity...... the crew of the Enterprise better watch out .....

With what you said made me remember this movie (Maximum Overdrive) and my head badge reminds me of it...

i011451.jpg

Resistance is futile, you will vote.... :mrgreen:

:shock: WAY TO GO BRO!! GREAT JOB YA DOIN' . YA GOT MY ATTENTION WITH THAT BADGE AND PHAT TIRE COMBO!! SO....GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

I just thought of a way to give your rack a little flare, like a spoiler flare. Find an old skateboard and cut a foot off the end and mount it on the rack with the flared end up.
Kinda like this, but flipped the other way.
20110717Photo_CBE193D6-C59C-10B1-CCFC-C8DD24CBC1DD.jpg

Ok I have an idea for the front brakes and want to see what some of you think about it.

Here is what I am thinking, I have a front and back set of V-brakes off of a bike I just got for free. I could take the arms from the one set and weld them to the other set something like in the picture below. This will give enough clearance for the cable to clear the tire.
V-brake%201.jpg

Here is the arms thickness from the back of it.
V-brake%202.jpg

As for mounting them I could use this
52674.jpg

Or weld pivots to one of these
p1-2768C.jpg

with the arms being that long, your lever might have to pull a lot of cable to get the pads to move much. seems workable.

Re: MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (Installing front brakes)

As long as you're welding why not weld the mounting studs directly to the fork? The clamp on version doesn't make much sense to me.

What YG said.
Then put the pads near the top of the slot (when checking for alignment of the posts) to reduce your cable travel.

Should be able to endo!

Cool, glad to see those brake bosses go to a good use.

outskirtscustoms said:
Cool, glad to see those brake bosses go to a good use.
Yep they are going to be used...

I give you Mega V-brake arms for a MegaPixieRay...
V-brake%2010.jpg

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get everything aligned to weld the Bosses on the forks...

Latest posts

Back