MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (Added some of the Finishing Details)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (Spring Nanner almost done)

Uncle Stretch said:
Got these off of my john deere tractor once. they are 2'' wide and 4'' tall. Pretty strong.
They were for the seat. You may want them if you decide on the deal I will throw them in.
DSCF0001_zps3e116a98.jpg
Yea those will work just fine... I will need to make a bottom brace to mount them to the seat frame, but that is no big deal.

love the seat support this ride is cool!

Troy

Now that is a worthy distraction!!

Well being this is my first time actually cutting a frame of a bike knowing there is no turning back after you put the cutoff disk to the tube. It isn't easy to pull the trigger the first time and really cut into it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cutting%20the%20Frame%201.jpg

Cutting%20the%20Frame%202.jpg

Cutting%20the%20Frame%203.jpg

Well if the welding on the Nanner seat support didn't already void the warranty on the frame then cutting out the top tube sure did.

Cutting%20the%20Frame%204.jpg

The weld is now all gone on the seat tube waiting for the new twin top tubes.

Cutting%20the%20Frame%205.jpg

Checking to see what the top tubes will look like as soon as the get welded in place. The MegaPixieRay is born....

Cutting%20the%20Frame%206.jpg

Not telling you what to do, but be careful you don't get too wide. The tubes on you
inner thighs while riding is annoying.

Uncle Stretch said:
Not telling you what to do, but be careful you don't get too wide. The tubes on you
inner thighs while riding is annoying.
Yea I was thinking about just that while mocking it up to see what it would look like. I think where I had it is as wide as I would want to go with it.

Re: MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (Cutting the frame)

I have been there and done that. I would almost stick the seat and cranks back on and test it
before you get too far. You could always put some offset at the seat post and achieve the same look.
These are just ideas, Not telling you how to build your bike.

I can easily see the pixie coming out of this now.

This is gonna be sweet! I agree with keeping the twin bars near the seat tube. My knees are echoing the pain from the solid smack I put them through last wide frame. :wink: Awesome job so far!

I would put them directly on each side of teh seat tube, then cut them at an angle to match the chainstays, and then butt them to the chainstay. That way the lines of the chainstays just flow right up the top tubes to the front. Just like the Pixie.

pixie.jpg

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. If you use 1'' OD tubing and fishmouth it in the side half
way, you will only be 1'' wider than the seat post. It will give you the look and not interfere with
your legs.
Or tell me to shut up and mind my own business. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DSCF0001_zpsba956264.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. If you use 1'' OD tubing and fishmouth it in the side half
way, you will only be 1'' wider than the seat post. It will give you the look and not interfere with
your legs.
Or tell me to shut up and mind my own business. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DSCF0001_zpsba956264.jpg
Hey Uncle Stretch wouldn't dream of telling you to shut up as I am always open to help like this.

Latest posts

Back