MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (Added some of the Finishing Details)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (Paint being slung on)

Cranked up the paint slinger today and got the main part of the frame...

Body%20n%20Paint%207.jpg

Body%20n%20Paint%208.jpg

You can see the Red a bit better in this set of pictures. Still need to paint the Nanner Seat support black and add some black to the top tubes.
Body%20n%20Paint%209.jpg

Body%20n%20Paint%2010.jpg

dracothered said:
Thank all who commented...

Trying to decide if I want to paint a dart on the top tube that blends in with the switch / battery plate that mounts to the top tubes behind the Head Tube. The Nanner seat supports / sissy bar will be painted black.
Doesn't any of you have some thoughts on this???

dracothered said:
dracothered said:

Trying to decide if I want to paint a dart on the top tube that blends in with the switch / battery plate that mounts to the top tubes behind the Head Tube. The Nanner seat supports / sissy bar will be painted black.

Okay, what about something like this...

2lnwg2h.jpg

Is that what you have in mind? Because if so... then yes, I like that idea :D

Paint is turning out nicely. I like the fact that the rear braces will be black. It makes the Pixie frame lines stand out more.
How are you mounting the battery plate? Shouldn't you do that before the final coat of red? Is the switch going to stick up out of it or will it be hidden underneath? Is the plate long enough to mount a flattened out Schwinn headbadge?
Sorry for all the questions. Trying to wrap my head around what options you might have.

Glen said:
dracothered said:
dracothered said:

Okay, what about something like this...

2lnwg2h.jpg

Is that what you have in mind? Because if so... then yes, I like that idea :D
This does give me some ideas, thanks...

kingfish254 said:
Paint is turning out nicely. I like the fact that the rear braces will be black. It makes the Pixie frame lines stand out more.
How are you mounting the battery plate? Shouldn't you do that before the final coat of red? Is the switch going to stick up out of it or will it be hidden underneath? Is the plate long enough to mount a flattened out Schwinn headbadge?
Sorry for all the questions. Trying to wrap my head around what options you might have.
No problem kingfish, switch is under the battery plate and it will get attach in a way that lets it be removed if needed.

Bottom of battery plate
Body%20work%205.jpg

Is it even possible to flatten a Schwinn Head Badge out, without FUBARing it up?

No comment,I'm waiting for it to be all in one piece again lookin all 8) .... :wink:

Re: MegaPixieRay RRBBO8 (Almost back together)

Paint came out great. Cool to see the springer nanner mounted again too.
I like the patch. It would look cool as a license plate.

Latest posts

Back