Mercury Pacemaker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Might as well do this---been watching everyone else do it & looks like the thing to do. I am starting with an old Murray built Mercury Pacemaker from 1939. This frame was totally rusted out under the forward shroud. I will be making new frame parts for the front that will increase the rake & overall length of the bike. It will be subtle but hopefully interesting. Ideas along the way will be appreciated but probably ignored. Thad Use Dayton Springer ?/Mercury%20X/MVC-091S.jpg.html]
MVC-091S.jpg
[/url] I like this fork better, don't know what it's off of

Looking forward to the pics!
Good luck

Glad you are in this year Thad! I know you have some really cool ideas. 8)

Thanks for the comments----no, the head shroud no longer fits. I am using it on an original Merc. The tank does fit except it will be about 2" short at the rear. Haven't decided if I will use it on this bike. I am always looking for more Mercury Pacemaker parts if anyone wants to sell.

Nice job on the repair.

Blasted & primed. The frame in the background is an original, this pic shows the difference in rake & length on the new frame. May be too subtle to notice when it's complete ?

geech34-2nd said:
The frame in the background is an original, this pic shows the difference in rake & length on the new frame. May be too subtle to notice when it's complete ?
I think you will notice that something is different and cooler, but some wont pick up why... That is the mark of a true customizer, some of the best cars have the proportions changed just enough to make it look better, but unless you know that car really well, you wont know exactly what it is that was done.

Luke.

Latest posts

Back