Merry Christmas!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there's a lot of mixed feelings about the new Stingrays, being chinese and all, but, if it gets my 11 year old to say " Cool, I gotta have that", then it's ok in my book. At least the legend lives on! A little re-greasing of the headset and wheels, and its a lot better. There must be some mandate in china to use cheap grease or something? Maybe their stuff would last longer if they used better lubricants and better bearings. Also, the chrome plating is a little zinc-y for me. But hey, who would notice except a true Schwinn-head.
Dec07086.jpg

I totally agree, the rear slick (which is an actual Schwinn) and the springer alone make it well worth the walmart price. Plus little man's stoked!! :p Good Job Pa !!

thats awsome i love the green one gotta get some pics of him sitting next to his new "toy"

After reading all the posts here, it's not just the little kids that say "COOL, I GOTTA HVE THAT".

By "zinc-y" You mean not shiny? i noticed that on the one i seen, i want a green one. =]

ricksterr1221 said:
By "zinc-y" You mean not shiny? i noticed that on the one i seen, i want a green one. =]

To me that is a good thing! I hate chrome, and that is why I love Rat Rods so much because of the lack of chrome. I don't even like chrome on my cars. Scuff it and paint it!

:? Why you hate it so much? I like a little bit of chrome not whole bikes.

You know I'm not sure why I dislike it so much. I should start doing some soul serching, and find the time in my life when this hate developed. Honestly I have never even thought of why I don't like chrome. Weird huh?

Don't get me wrong either, I'm not in love with chrome by any stretch. Unless it's a '59 Impala. But not my '53 Catalina
December2006.jpg
It's definitely rat.

I love nickel plate, just not so much a fan of zinc plate, looks cheap. LIke comparing a Russian SKS to a Chinese SKS.

Latest posts

Back