Micargi Cyclone fatbike

Discussion in 'FAT BIKES' started by Stevil, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Stevil

Stevil

Ebay has a Macargi stretch Fatbike frame for sale @ $169. Turns out to be the frame for an electric
    bike priced @ $2500 ! Sorry no pics but somebody check this out to see if we can swap Dolomite
    parts on to a Way Cooler frame. No doubt a heavier,longer,more cumbersome bike then we'd like,but
    Way Cooler !!...Stevil:crazy:

2. RustyGold

RustyGold

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    Wildcat, OddJob and Stevil like this.
  3. c1run1

c1run1

they build great cruisers Love them and cheap

4. wheelbender6

wheelbender6

I considered buying a cool aluminum fat frame and transferring the parts from my fat Mongoose.
    -I think you will need to use a triple tree fork with that Micargi frame. Most other parts should swap.

5. wheelbender6

wheelbender6

Another thing I noticed...the Micargi frame appears to require a solid rear axle. If your Dolemite has a skewer on the rear wheel, you may need to buy a solid axle.
    -Also, I think the Dolemite has a bolt-on rear derailleur. The Micargi frame will require an axle mounted derailleur.
    -Does the Micargi frame have a rear disk mount? if not, you will need an adaptor for your rear disk.
    -You will need a longer chain, rear brake and shifter cable (unless you move the shifter to the top tube or seat tube, which I have done on some bikes).
    -None of these things are a huge expense, especially if you get used parts. Its just good to know what is required up front.
    -I have built several bikes from the frame up. There are always a few surprises and delays, but its the best way to have all the things you really want on a bike within your budget, IMHO.

Pookie42 and horsefarmer like this.
  6. Dr. Tankenstein

Dr. Tankenstein

I’m not sure the Micargi frame will take a rim over 80mm and the Mongoose hubs are really wide as well.
    I was going to do the same with my TSP Oldster, but the ‘Beast’ parts wouldn’t fit the frame, I donated the Beast last Christmas to a church and bought a set of 80mm rims.

Many of the Macargi frames are limited to 3” (80mm) rim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. wheelbender6

wheelbender6

horsefarmer likes this.
  8. Dr. Tankenstein

Dr. Tankenstein

It has 80mm rims though, which narrows the 4” tire a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk