Michigan Camel Back, RRBBO#14 Class 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well here is what I have so far in ideas... as you can see I have no name for it yet.

Some of the parts:
IMG_5270.jpg

Build idea:
U-shape small tall 4.jpg

U-shape small tall 5.jpg

Counted twice, still only 60 teeth. I asked because there are usually multiple holes.

Appears you have a bit more engineering ahead of you. Looks fun, have fun:)
You are correct on both things... yep more engineering ahead and only 60T chainring.

Yea many of them I have seen do have multiple holes on them, as to what model exercise bike this one came off of I don't really know because I bought it from someone on one of the FB pages I belong to.

Wowser!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dracothered.
See if you can pull the cover on the freewheel to add more grease. Or plan on dribbling some lube in on a regular basis The one I bought had a visible gap fron the case to XIN cover plate.

This is a cool build. Pretty creative on the wheels. If it doesnt go as planned, I have at least one 12" scooter spoked wheel, may have both. Might be a way to get a regular hub in there. I think the sidewalls are tapered, not ideal for rim brakes but the pads can be angle shimmed. They still dont work great as the pad tries to slide down the rim face.

Cool freewheel!
Those are ebay/china freewheels. Good for single speed conversion, they move the bearings outboard to get a small tooth count but the overall freewheel is wider. Need to be on multi gear wheel as a replacement. Dont work so well on a wheel thats already single speed. I put one on a give away BMX, took some messing around to work.

Latest posts

Back