Microshift Rapid Fire Shifter for Nexus 3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Recently I purchased a Microshift Rapid Fire Shifter for Nexus 3 from United Cruisers.

It comes with the cable & bell crank.

These are the stock photos which make it look like metal, but it is plastic.

microshift1.jpg

microshift2.jpg

BC-01.jpg

I mounted it on my Electra Cruiser turned dirt trail bomber. It looks bulky in the photos below, but it really isn't so bad.

2013-10-241004062.jpg

2013-10-18115255.jpg

2013-10-181152552.jpg

Prior to installing this shifter I had used the Nexus twist shifter, then switched to the Sturmey Archer thumb shifter for the Nexus 3. With both these shifters I always experienced not so precise shifting. This is what lead me to purchase the Microshift Rapid Fire Shifter.

After installing the new shifter & adjusting it I went on a 5 mile test ride. I was really impressed on how well/precise the shifting was. Since the initial test ride I have put on around 40 miles on it (mostly dirt trail riding) & haven't had any issues.

It's good to see someone is making a trigger shifter for the Nexus-3. Shimano made one back in the nineties, but stopped producing them as far as I know. 3-speed rapid-fire front derailleur shifters are also an economical alternative to the stock twister.

I'm successfully using a $9 Deore shifter on a little ratter I got from Rat Rod Steve.

DSC01588.jpg

Love the stem!

That's one of the companies that I ride for. So perfect for rat rods, cruisers, etc.

Latest posts

Back