Milan Brewery Bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It is finally finished and she sure is a beauty!

This bike has been a dream of mine for some time. Now it's a reality...

The Milan Brewery was located in Milan, OH and was established in 1850. Milan was a thriving little community back in the day and is most known for being the birth place of Thomas Edison. I grew up just across the street from where the Milan Brewery once resided. It went out of business back in 1950 after being in operation for 100 years. My friends and I would play near the building daily but were always chased off by the current tenants. The Milan Brewery logo was created in my dreams prior to even turning a wrench on the bike. From that point on it all fell into place. The logo that is on the crate is original as is the crate. The colors of this bike were chosen because these are the colors of the local school which I attended K-12. My original thoughts were to sell the bike but i really don't think I can part with it because it is just perfect. I will probably let it sit in my parents Antique shop which is located on the square downtown Milan so that others can enjoy.

Awesome build! Nice to meet a fellow builder in my neck of the woods! Greetings from Norwalk!

That's one of the finest bikes I have ever seen. Awesome job! I love the crazy looking brick wall in the photos. Adds a nice touch to a top notch build. I am so jealous :D
Keep up the good work.

Great theme and incredible bike!!!
BRAVO!

This is a really nice bike. I see it sitting in the shop window. I am also in Milan and in the middle of a project. May have to look you up for ideas.

I had the pic of your bike saved and just pulled it back up - this time I found this post doing some GOOGLING.
Your build is absolutely awesome - and the story and what it means to you that goes with it !!!
I grew up just outside Toledo in Moline, lived in Bellevue and worked in Norwalk. I'm in Cincinnati now and have been wanting to do a build.
I think you've inspired me......thinking maybe a Tony Packo's or maybe Champion Spark Plug bike.

Latest posts

Back