Minnesota Ratbike forum Newbie!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like em all too, that's why I drive a 400 dollar beater car, always have, so I can afford fun toys like the bikes! As you can probably tell by some of the pics, i am a VW fan too.....

Hey thanks for all the props, and sorry, the Panther is like family, won't be leaving soon.....

Hey all, here's a few more pics, the two "new" Stingrays were mine, the red one, and my buddy's custom painted metalflake green one, these two have since been sold... the banana seat conversions on them made them much easier to ride, the post was a chunk of plumbing hardware, just drilled a hole across the top and bolted right to the seat, no "guts"...
bikes620034.jpg

bikes620033.jpg

The last pic is of a rat Stingray I built, 3 speed coaster, twist shift, 18" front wheel from some kids Schwinn, this bike is still laying around in parts or some pieces went to other bikes....
bikes620029.jpg

Here is one more shot of a ride we went on last summer, it was a Movies and Music in the Park outdoor after dark thing, you can see the outdoor movie screen over the bikes,, kind of was like a drive-in for bikes, or just sit on the grass and watch... Bonus points for anyone who can figure out what movie we saw.....
PICT0194.jpg

I understand my panther is the same way She started my addiction.

DSCF0900.jpg

Ding Ding Ding- We have a winner! Pee Wee's it is! I actually own this movie on both VHS and DVD... Whatta Geek!
BTW- Nice Panther!!

I am wondering if anyone knows tha seriall number dating for the Murray bikes I pictured on the first page, or how to identify what year Murray Jetfires they are for sure... We are guessing '62 to '63 by the license that was on the green one, it would be nice to know for sure.... Any help dating these??

Thanks Hooch, this is the whole fleet pictured here, except for one, I have an S&M 24" cruiser BMX-jumping bike, don't have a pic of it though, plus lots of parts and stuff laying around, collected up over the years......

I don't read Thrasher a real lot anymore, once in a while, I really like Concrete Wave magazine for skating, and Juice Magazine when I can find it...

Awesome bikes! I hope it's OK if I use you as proof to my wife that there are people out there with more bikes than me. :mrgreen: Welcome to the family!

Latest posts

Back