MIXFIT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like both the pencil and computer based renderings.
The floating partial fenders are sick and tank/rack treatment really flow well.
You have some great ideas around this build!!!

Thanks, I was thinking to cut down some standard bars to the right size where the bend of the bars allows for bar-ends to be mounted to get that "J" like bars. That's the thought anyways:)

Nice. I wish I could draw a clean pencil sketch like that. the CAD drawing is also cool, I haven't had too much luck with CAD for bicycle drawing either. The rear rack and fender... awesome. and I like the idea for the bars as well. I may be borrowing several ideas from this build in the future

06/08/2015:
Revisited Color Scheme.

Possible Color Scheme Change, Not Sure just yet. Need some Feedback.

Thanks -Joey
Looks pretty rad to me. Seems to balance the looks more. You could also go with this look and do red and black fenders (black on bottom half maybe). The chain ring looks great in red against the black chain guard.

Yes on the red rear fenderette
Yes on red chainring
Undecided on tires

Any progress on applying some of that cool computer work to metal?

How's it going! I really didn't think this one thru! It's all great and fun and easy to render an idea on a computer but in the REAL physical world has it's challenges.

I was hoping to find sheet metal/metal parts that are similar to my design and use and adapt for the build, but it has become very much challenging. I do have an alternate inexpensive and lack of the metal aesthetics of fabricating the parts. I have access to corrugated paper board cuts of the parts needed. That would be my last resort (if proceeding with the concept). With that said, I may have to change my build, maybe stick with a build without any Fabricating. Will see.

Thanks Joey.

Latest posts

Back