MIXFIT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6/25/2015:
Nothing Beats Hands-On Builds. Had to make it a rolling bike to get some inspiration with Real Build vs Electronic Build.
Never a dull moment with nicks and scratches and fingers hurting from turning the metal bolts. The Touch and Feel of Steal, Rust and Dust!

Here is what I've assembled thus far, enjoy.

Tell me about the interesting crank / chain ring assembly and the rear rack, I've never seen those before....new to the game. I like the look!

Really awesome. Looks like a real life version of the rendering! Spaceliner chain ring with the murray x-53 rack? Two oc my fav. Bits. Lovin this. Go go greasy nails and black boogers!

You've got a Great build going on here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Now you are cooking with gas.
It's always better to play real games than computer games.
Keep it up.

Thank you all for the great comments! I have much Respect for All You Fellow Enthusiasts/Builders. Mad Respect for those Builders with Extreme Skills on Fabrication and Creative ideas!

Thanks -Joey

06/27/2015:
Take-A-Seat! I think I'm going with the middle choice here.

10:05am:
Faux Tank Paper Mockup. I'll have to figure if it will be Real Steel or at least make it to appear as real as metal:)

An Old Rack for a Chain Guard?

Kinda looks cool! Most definitely need to figure how I could mount it...

Last edited:
At firt I wasn't sure with that rack/guard, but I think it works. I like the lines of it. Make sure you can get crank arm clearance with it

I love the tank insert, I may steal/borrow some of that idea when I build my X53. I like how it mimics the placement of the scoops of the actual tank
I like that second guard a lot, it has similar lines to your tank insert.

I like the big light on there, but not the higgins tank.
You never know what works until you try.
That's definitely a great guard for the build though.

Dig the bars,kinda remind me of the ones on my copper bike.

I definitely like the saddlebags.
Maybe distress the tool bag to match.
The drop bars look cool from some angles, but from others, not so much.
It's a great looking build no matter how the details shake out.

A little 60 grit should distress that tool bag nicely.

This is kinda starting to resemble something,but I can't for the life of me quite put my finger on it. Very cool looking though.

Latest posts

Back