(MMBO 1) The Jackalope (DONE!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I realize I am not giving myself a ton of time by entering so late but I only just got this frame last week and it took me a week to commit to getting it done by Jan 1, but I am in. I have this Huffy frame with the huge round dropouts and this sweet Huffy springer fork. I am going to attempt to make this bike look like something Huffy might have actually put out. I am calling it The Jackalope.

That fork is really cool. Any onfo on it? How about a close up or two? I can't quite see how the wheel fits into the dropouts. Does the loop at the rear of the Springer have a function? Thanks a ton. Lucas

Lucas here are some pics of the fork.

I was told that it came off a Charlie's Angles muscle bike so I googled that and here is what I found.

That fork is really cool. Any onfo on it? How about a close up or two? I can't quite see how the wheel fits into the dropouts. Does the loop at the rear of the Springer have a function? Thanks a ton. Lucas
+1

I want to use the flared fenders that were given to me with the frame and the fork. Unfortunately the front fender mounts too high up away from the tire and I don't like the look. Last night I put this together... It is just a bolt with a spacer dropping the fender down tight to the tire. I took a page from the Slingshot playbook and added a useless spring. Does nothing but it looks cool.

I want to use the flared fenders that were given to me with the frame and the fork. Unfortunately the front fender mounts too high up away from the tire and I don't like the look. Last night I put this together... It is just a bolt with a spacer dropping the fender down tight to the tire. I took a page from the Slingshot playbook and added a useless spring. Does nothing but it looks cool.

Wont the tire scrub on the fender when the spring is compressed?

Luke.

Wont the tire scrub on the fender when the spring is compressed?

Luke.

I think I left just enough room. It doesn't rub if I put my weight on it but we will see what happens when I finally get to take it for a spin. I can shorten up the spacer if I end up needing more room.

Was thinking the same thing Luke...Sounds like Georgee has the solution ready. Really like where this is headed. That suspension looks like it would actually work well.

Fender stay connected to the shock mount would allow the fender to move with the tire but what you have there with the spring looks great.

Got the chainguard on, now I just need to find somebody who can help me with the graphic design of the Jackalope logo.

Man, that's a cool fork! I love the spring on your spacer idea, I wish I have thought of that! :)

Thanks, I hope it is reminiscent of the Slingshot front end.

Yeah, you pulled it off nicely. I also did mine along that line only with more clearance and without that sweet spring though :)
IMG_20141005_172531_close.jpg

Latest posts

Back